Saturday, August 17, 2013

Now I can relax... until Slow-Moe starts to hit retail shelves !

Current Notes : Yaaay !




Whoo-hoo ! We ended up with a few extra bucks, so when Beloved Hubby asked, you know where I wanted to go – TRU ! He knew, and just grinned. So, this morning, we were on the way soon after they opened. I had my coupon in-hand, and was trying so hard to not be disappointed if they didn’t have Scarah. I’d made up my mind to not buy anything if they didn’t have her in stock, as funds will continue to be tight, but I still looked forward to seeing all the new dolls - Create a Monsters, Music Festivals, playsets – and that didn’t include the Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse dolls I’ve still never seen in-person, or all the other toy companies’  doll lines that’ve just come out. However it played out, I was happy just to go see new dolls !


So I was a bit flat-footed when Scarah and three of her sisters were there waiting for me, lined up next to eight ‘I <3 Fashion’ Clawdeens. Our local store must’ve just received a shipment of them Thursday. So I had a merry time sorting through the Scarahs while Beloved and Dearest Son dug through ponies and Lego – to be honest, they could have been doing the Lindy Hop and I wouldn’t have noticed until the second encore.


Two of the Scarahs had pink smears on the box – telltale signs that her lip paint is probably flawed – and three had nose dots. The nose dots went away when the box was shifted a bit, but then I saw that most had some tiny black ‘strays’ in the white eye paint. Hrf. Now I had a quandary. The one I liked best had a box smear, and I could see where her lip paint was slightly lacking. But she had the most perfect eyes ! I shuffled around the four dolls (thank Everything there weren’t more Scarahs, or I’d probably be there still !) for a ten-minute eternity, and in the end, went with the one who’d had my heart since I saw her. Her eyes are perfect, her lip has a small smear – and she’s mine.


They also had Picture Day dolls on sale for $10., but it was a raft of DracuLauras, with two or three Abbeys. I didn’t want to over-spend, already had what I wanted from that line, and I got what I came for. Drifted over to gaze at the new Fairy Tale High  dolls  conveniently arranged next to the MH display. These are by S-K Victory, a toy company I can’t find out anything about, except that their CEO used to work for Jakks Pacific. Lawyers, start your engines. Oh, and they’re not to be confused with the round-headed Ever After High girls by Mattel. Even though they do have one other big thing in common – all the girl dolls share the same head mold.  And it really shows at FTH. Hrf. They all looked sort of bland and despite the obvious changes in clothes, hair color, and style, exactly alike. Belle was really bleh, although I did sort of like Snow White and Tinkerbell.  Still, for $18., I’d rather get a real MH and have more of a choice beyond just clothes and hair – ours had all the Music Festival collection, and I can tell ya, Venus was pretty tempting !


Our store didn’t have any of the Dreamhouse dolls – in fact, they barely had any Barbie at all. Of the two-shelving-sectioned Pink Aisle, one was taken over by cars, houses, My Size, and princess clothes for girls, and the other had all the dolls, which were mostly princess ballerina mermaids. No So In Style, no Dreamhouse, just Twilight character collectables, the standard playline princesses, and some travel dolls. Very disappointing. Dearest had found a small but awesome-looking Lord of the Rings Lego set that included two Gandalfs (Gandalfii ? ) mini-figs that, in his mind, were perfect Dumbledores, so he was happy. I felt a little bad that Beloved didn’t get a toy (grin), but he was happy that we were.


So, I now have Scarah ! So happy. You know, I thought her white jacket was another lab coat, but with a belt sewn to it, but it isn’t. It’s very much like the original ‘Classroom’ doll lab coats, snug and flared, but the collar is different and it’s made of vinyl ! And there’s actual belt loops. Wow. You’ll be seeing lots of Scarah in the upcoming week, because she is simply awesome.



Hope you found something you’ve wanted for a while this weekend, too ! 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finding Scarah!!! She is gorgeous!!! Our TRU's are severely lacking in anything new! You'd think being less than an hour away from NYC we'd get better stockings! *shrugs* Oh well, until I find one, I will enjoy her through your blog!

    ReplyDelete