Sunday, August 4, 2013

Play Day Sunday - featuring the Barbie Dream Boat !


Current Notes : Man, I have got to learn better photo composition...




I thought I’d skip the Howleen dress – after all, she was in a buncha photos last week – and go straight to the ‘turn the sheath dress pattern back into a jumpsuit one’ project instead. It did not go well. I have no idea how the original pattern, which is actually a bit thinner in the legs than my altered version, was supposed to fit a slightly larger diameter legged Barbie in the first place. Mine just barely fit a standard MH body, and it was super-tight and did not look good at all. I think I’ll create a new jumpsuit pattern from scratch, and keep the sheath dress pattern the way it is.


But it wasn’t a total loss. I used the ‘correct cut’ pieces I redid yesterday, and earned a bit more practice in neckline and armhole hems, and was able to salvage the failed jumpsuit attempt as a nice blouse. Then I made a simple skirt to go with it, so now, I’ve used the sheath dress pattern to make separates. What’s funny is, I accidentally cut out a long skirt instead of the short one I used today, but I still have more than half of that 98c fat quarter left !  



And I think I need to refine my ‘Play Day Saturday / Sunday’ idea. This photo just wasn’t what I wanted, and it still took a lot longer to finish than I thought. Maybe it’ll get more ‘right’ as I go along. Or something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment