Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Not bad, but can be better...hopefully soon !

Current Notes : You know, I didn't actually buy that Barbie fabric. It was in a bag of scraps from a thrift store - I didn't even know it was in there ! 




Today brings you Jumpsuit Trials #2 and #3, also known as ‘not-quite-as-colossal-failures-but-not-right-either’ Jumpsuits. Took yesterday’s pattern and widened the legs, cropped the top, and tried again. Hrf. Now the crotch seams don’t meet and the butt strains the seam. And the top is still a bit too high and a little too narrow to close in the back. The top is easy to fix, so are the legs…but I had no idea how to widen the butt without making the legs too narrow, much less how to get the crotch to meet.


So I got my pattern and did what I usually do – start cutting or start taping more paper to it, then start redrawing. When it gets closer to goal, I scan it and go back to altering the original ‘til I either get the pattern right or it’s too tattered to use anymore. Then I print the last scan and start again. For the third go-round, I folded the original pattern in half, and recut it so that the crotch was the same, front and back.


Third version is closer, better but baggy. I’ll probably cut down the inseam some, see how that works. I can actually salvage the third one, it fits everywhere, if loosely. And, maybe the fourth time’s the charm !



Not sure if there’ll be time tomorrow – Beloved Hubby has to work, and we’re scheduled to visit DMIL & FIL. It helps, though, that I can knock one of these together, start to finish, in less than 20 minutes ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment