Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy July !

Current Mood : Peacefully happy.




I love the first week of July. My birthday’s in there, but Beloved Hubby doesn’t stop the fun at just one day. It’s like the whole first week is my day, and it’s so sweet !


Today, I did a mini grocery run, and got a bunch of treats, too. Great sales. I got cheese on buy-one-get-one-free, and a loaf of rye bread and some thin multi-grain crackers. Also potato chips, fresh green grapes, and cherries that look like miniature peaches with stems ! The BOGO sale extended to drink mixes, so I now have several canisters of half lemonade-half tea, whenever I’m ready to make a pitcher or six. Beloved says he wants to pick up a cake for later, as a surprise, so I have that to look forward to, as well.


Bought a chub of sausage, too, and used it in a huge vat of Dirty Rice for lunch. So good ! We all ate our fill, and there was plenty left over. Feeding Dearest Son ‘til he’s full is a challenge, but I did it ! After lunch, Beloved dragged out the drill and burrowed two holes in my desk, for my laptop cord – so it can go under, instead of across, the surface – and my sewing machine cord. Mine is one of those annoying one that splits between power cord and foot pedal cord, and running it across the desk means I can’t move the machine around like I want, because the pedal will darn near vanish. With the new hole, I can move it and the pedal stays put. That’s the best gift ever – cords where you want them ! So happy…


We’ve relaxed and taken it easy today, with naps and Netflix, and will probably just have sandwiches and chips for supper. I love my birthday week ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment