Thursday, July 18, 2013

This is a day I'd sleep with a doll in my arms if I thought I could get away with it...

Current Mood : Needs a drink...




Didn’t get to sew today. Kinda my own fault, I should have popped out of bed and gone right to it, but I was being lazy and enjoying the morning (Ok, ok, late morning to early afternoon) with Beloved Hubby. We’d told DMIL & FIL we’d be by about 1pm to pick up Dearest Son, so we both rather lazed those hours away.


Still, I figured I’d have some sewing time available once we got home. We’d stopped by GoodWill, and while I didn’t find anything, Beloved found two books in his line of study, and I found a book easel for him. While we already have a low-angle plastic one, this one was black mesh, and at a much better angle for his Tablet. Got to the register, and the easel and one of the books were half-off, too. Score !


Don’t feel bad for me. I’ve narrowed my search to a specific Barbie Dream Boat bridge, and if no one else bids on it in the next few days, it’s mine ! It’ll be my last spending for a while, mostly ‘cause I’m broke, but partly because we… well, let me set this up correctly in the next paragraph.


I mostly didn’t get to sew – and won’t get to spend – because DMIL kind of dropped a thought-bomb on us. They’ve mostly given up on their plan to move where BIL and his family are, and instead want to relocate into the Garpartment, and sell the rest of their house to us. Um. She and DFIL hastened to tell us we’d be on the deed, they’d help with bills, on and on.


Problem is, I can see six million ways this can go bad (only half of which are based on us living with them in 2011) and a few million it’d be good for all of us. It puts a tremendous amount of stress and responsibility on Beloved, whether we do it or not. He’s already feeling like he has to, and there’s tons of repairs and such that still need to be done. I have no idea where we’d get the funds for all of them, and at least half have to be done before I can move (dog dander, 'dirty' power). We fixed quite a bit a couple years ago, but never got near the major tasks (plumbing issues and electric rewiring) that will become our new jobs if we agree.


If we accept, he’ll have to take at least a year from his studies, find a full-time job, possibly in addition to his current PT one, earn money to restore the house and pay bills, and do as much of the necessary work as possible himself. I’m sure DFIL will help, but I don’t want to rely on anyone for obvious reasons. We also have to be ridiculously careful, because if our income goes too high, there goes my VA medical care – my prescriptions alone are probably equal a monthly house payment.


I’m completely at a loss, but I already pretty much know which way the wind’s blowing. I just get so tired of starting over, ya know ? Between hashing out my concerns and his plans, any chance of sewing was blown completely out. To tell the truth, I’m a little ticked at them for suddenly unloading this on us. I feel like an anime character, constantly bouncing from one crisis to the next, with rarely an hour of peace before the barrel starts turning again. Yeah, I’m whining. It’s the one thing I can do now that I do well.


Meanwhile, two of the ugliest-dressed MH dolls I’ve ever seen made their debut at SDCC today. Look around for ‘Sweet Screams’ images, Frankie and DracuLaura dolls that’ll be Target exclusives. When I first saw them this morning, I had a paragraph ready to go about why there’d be plenty to go ‘round here, I sure as sticky wasn’t buying ‘em. Now I wish I could still care anything about them at all. I’m that gobsmacked. You might like ‘em though, they’re certainly unusual !



I’m gonna crawl into a hole and pretend my life didn’t go to crap today…

No comments:

Post a Comment