Saturday, July 6, 2013

Not my best, but much better than some earlier efforts !

Current Mood : Urgh. 




Learned a bit today. One of the outfits I culled from the MH bag o’ goodies is a skirt set that, frankly, was not one of my better efforts. It embarrassed me to look at it today, so it wasn’t going in the ‘sell’ box, I was gonna make sure no one was ever frightened by that atrocity again. Only problem was, it had some nice lace on it. So, as the day settled a bit, I grabbed a seam ripper and some good light and went at it.


A half-hour later, I had one bit done. Whew. I had no idea the tension on my sewing machine was set that high. And I’d evidently had the stitch length dialed to ‘nearly too small to measure without an electron microscope’. Luckily, it’s been about a year since I sewed that. Another half-hour took care of the other piece of lace, and the Velcro ™ as well. The skirts themselves went into the ‘Scraps’ drawer – may as well re-use as much as I can !


Cut out some MH guy shorts from that patriotic fabric I used for Memorial Day outfits for Hutch and Frankie, and later, a gift-wrap substitute bag – just barely had enough. Those bits were from the ‘Scrap’ drawer. A bit of black bedsheet I salvaged from the laundry room trash got cut into MH guy pants, while I was at it. Sooner I get the ‘sell’ dolls dressed, the sooner they’re outta here, hopefully. I still couldn’t make m’self sew. Probably because all that picking made my fingertips hurt !


No comments:

Post a Comment