Wednesday, July 10, 2013

For your shopping pleasure, please enjoy a nice courtesy bag of owl...

Current Mood : Improving...




For whatever reason, everyone at Chez Insanity didn’t sleep well and was up early today. Wasn’t just me feeling like barely recycled crud, yet an improvement over yesterday. So we hit Mal-Wart for a few necessities. And a bicycle ! We promised Dearest Son one, but he hadn’t seen one he liked. Until last week, when a black trick-style bike outside the store caught his eye. It was even on a good sale, but he asked to give it some thought first, which I thought was very wise for a 13-year-old. It was soon apparent, though, that absence indeed made his heart grow very fond, so we went to snag it today, before it vanished. He was so excited, and so charming, they gave us an additional $10. discount on the spot ! All it needed was a bit of sewing machine oil on the chain and some air in the tires, which we got on the way home. He already has a helmet and we can use the cable lock already on my bike to secure his, so we were ready to go !


Along with the few things we needed, Beloved Hubby got the padfolio he’s been wanting and I got a package of cardstock that’ll work with my printer. They had three color varieties and solid black, and I decided to go with pastels. I may go back for Earth Tones – wish I could have gotten a half pack of each ! The Screaming Loud and Black packs can stay where they are. While I always love Classic Black, I don’t need 50 sheets I can’t print on, and the Screaming Loud hurt my eyes.


Once home, I pulled up a set of those MH bags I’d bought from eBay and switched them to Greyscale, then adjusted the contrast until they looked good. Just to test ‘em, I printed them out on regular paper and assembled them – nice ! So I got a sheet of pale pink and printed ‘em again, and they look great. Only problem is, the cardstock comes out curled, so I pressed it flat while I played with the paper. Tomorrow, you get the same thing in pink !



It was still early by the time we got home, so we cleaned. A lot ! Working together, we got five loads of laundry washed, dried, and put away, the whole place vacuumed, trash out, and floors swept. I’d add ‘dishes done’ to the list, but I’d done those the night before, and it wasn’t until lunch we had any dirty. Yes, even still mildly ill, I’ve been able to keep up with the dishes, my #1 hated task, but if I keep on it every day, it’s not so bad or so long. Stop me if you’ve heard this before, I think I’ll have to re-learn it every month or so, but I really am trying to establish the habit. Seven days down, eight or so to go !

No comments:

Post a Comment