Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Betcha didn't know Holt Hyde was so sweet !

Current Mood : Spoiled




You know, I really *want* to sew something. But for whatever reason, my motivator’s fried. I can’t think of anything I really want to make right now. I’m idly toying with the idea of stitching up a milk-crate liner, since I have an empty one right now. I could empty my nightstand cube stash (UltraSuede and fabrics that look good on male dolls) into it and tuck it under the Arena, so that all my fabrics are in one room, but I’m even lacking interest in doing that. I don’t know what’s wrong with me.


Well… that’s not entirely true. Fact is, I’ve been on one of my rare spending binges lately, and it’s always hard to switch back from ‘buy stuff’ to ‘make stuff’. Oh, I’ve had a blast, and nearly every week for a month, there’s been a package in the mail for me and don’t think for a second I haven’t enjoyed the heck out of that. But with so much new stuff cluttering around, everything from packaging to stuff to other things I’ve dragged out for photos, it’s hard to clean up and get in the best frame of mind to connect to my Muse again. But it’s time. Fun as it is to buy stuff, I get more out of making it, I’m just draggin’ my spoiled heels about it.


Then, too, my poor Arena’s been through a lot of changes lately. Even before the buying binge, I’d barely gotten used to where everything ended up to accommodate the new laser printer before Beloved Hubby drilled the holes I’d been wanting/needing. This is gonna sound funny, but every time I change the Arena – especially the sewing area – it takes me a few days to get back to feeling comfortable with it enough to test how the new layout works. Add that to miniature lab and kitchen props, a blue horse, three new dolls, several new pair of doll shoes and a couple new books, and it’s a disaster area. I just today got it cleaned up somewhat, and then we checked mail – six grocery ads, two bills for whoever used to live here, and four store flyers…gotta keep ‘em all, at least until I drop ‘em back off or decide we don’t need 15 Duchess Melons this shopping trip.



So…here’s hoping I can get over it by the time my ‘birthday week’ ends ! My fingers are itching, even if my brain is blank. 

No comments:

Post a Comment