Monday, July 15, 2013

Playset Central !

Current Mood : A bit excited...




Left to right : Barbie Country Living Home, Friend Ship airplane, Dream Boat ( incomplete),
Monster High School, Quick Curl room case, Loving Care Hospital Room.

I had quite a bit of fun playing with the Barbie Dream Boat last night, and it was relaxing to not worry about visible background showing. And it occurred to me that, if I had the bridge I’m currently missing, I could move it around – it’s designed to detach for storage – to absorb some of that. Or, I could just relax and take the darn picture, sofa or bad stucco be darned. So, I’m officially on the hunt for a Dream Boat Bridge that’s in decent shape and pretty cheap. I normally get to pick one of those two criteria. I really want the ship’s wheel to be intact, for some strange reason, otherwise I could have my pick of ‘cheap’ already !


I’m thinking – again ! – that I really should take some time once a week to pull down one of the playsets and actually play with it. I’ve got DracuLaura’s roadster, a slightly damaged Frankie’s bed (both from Dearest Son), the School, the Coffin Bean, Barbie’s 1988 ‘Loving Care’ Hospital room, the Bake Shop cafe, the Quick Curl case (aka, Shinobu’s sewing room) and two other cases that make a bedroom and a ballet cafĂ©, a Barbie piano, the Country Living Home, the Friend Ship airplane, and the recently discussed Dream Boat. Featuring one a week would take me nearly three months to cycle through them all ! Hmm, what would work best, when I’m already late nearly all the time now ? ‘Play Day Friday’ ? Maybe Thursday would work better for me…


Other than that, it’s been a quiet Monday. It’s been raining since midnight last night, and it’s just barely stopped, but I haven’t had any breathing issues. I’ve seen some photos of MH dolls in Ever After High (EAH) clothes, and I kind of half-want the Evil Queen doll’s dress – even though I’m so sick of EAH already, I don’t care about them enough to even learn the characters’ names. I hate to be so petty, but I am what I am.


1 comment:

  1. I actually went into a Justice store to look at the EA High dolls in person, and I have to say that I wasn't as taken by then in real life as I was in owner pics. In person you can see that their faces are weirdly flat and vacant-eyed. They're also not perfect body matches for MH (WHY did you screw up clothes swapping perfect matches for us, Mattel?) but I do really want Raven (the evil queen's daughter) for her stock. I love that dress!

    I really thought I'd buy Maddie, the Mad Hatter girl, but her hair looks like it was made from two different kinds of hair or something. The purple is nice and smooth, but the teal is all frizzy and flyaway. :(

    ReplyDelete