Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sorry, but I mustache you...

Current Mood : Giggly. 




Look what I found on my cake this morning ! Fake goatees ! These are gonna be so much fun to play with…


The cake is delicious – chocolate with white whipped cream cheese frosting, decorated with strawberries. Beloved Hubby has excellent taste ! I also got a beautiful card from him and Dearest Son, I’ll share that with you later. When I don’t like to expect a birthday week every year (last thing I wanna be is entitled !), it’s always so sweet when Beloved arranges one for me !


Otherwise, it was shoe-scrubbing day ! I got the pair of black Deuce Scaris shoes I bought dirt-cheap off eBay in the mail today, and set to work removing the green snake design from the vamp. Plain black shoes are much more versatile ! I also removed the blue dots from Abbey’s purple Home Ick boots. Still not sold on those yet, but I can always ditch ‘em later if it ends up that I don’t use them.


I also did a hand-swap. Occasionally, I get a good idea from message boards, it’s the only reason I subscribe to ‘em still. Signal to noise ratio isn’t often favorable, at least for what I consider ‘signal’. In any case, someone was looking for a set of Cleo hands, or, lacking that, a wrecked Cleo doll she could salvage the hands from. Wanted to use them on her Howleen. You could do that ? I knew Cleo and Clawdeen couldn’t trade, their skin tones were waay off from each other. But Howleen…was it a close enough match, and the pegs would fit ? I confess, the one thing I didn’t like about my Dance Class Howleen was her claw hands, even though they were very soft, they made my ‘pink and pretty’ girl look semi-feral. Well, here’s a Cleo I wasn’t gonna keep…and it’s almost perfect. Home Ick Cleo even has those ‘slim’ hands I first saw on her Gloom Beach version, and those’d suit Howleen very well. They’re a bit glossy on Howleen’s ‘matte’ arms, but they otherwise look natural and nice, and I like ‘em. I’ll have to get you a photo, because Cleo with ‘snatchy’ hands looks awful.


I also finally got all the doll boxes – from Abigail Bloodgood on – scanned, cut up, repurposed, and stored. I save the clear plastic ‘windows’ for pattern templates, but I still have to go through what I have and what I want before I make cuts. Luckily, this stuff stores flat until then, but those boxes were piled up in the way ! Only hangup is that I love the box liner from Bloodgood & Nightmare, and it makes a good backdrop, it’s just hard to store. Hmm…yes. It’ll break down and store flat, too. So I can keep it – yaaay !



Now that I can get to my sewing machine, and I can move it around to where I need it, it’s about time to sew again ! Got plenty of new dolls to sew for, too ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment