Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Waffle-shoes exist !

Current Mood : A bit weirded out...




Free day ! It started off unexpectedly, as I slept in massively late. Beloved Hubby told me he was making waffles for breakfast, and I muttered, ‘We don’t have a waffle maker,’ then fell back to sleep. I dreamt he made pancakes, and was adding waffle grids to them with his athletic shoes. When I asked if he’d washed them first, he told me that he wanted that authentic ‘gravel-to-griddle’ taste on his, but he’d gladly rinse his shoes off in between batches. When I woke up again, I found that he’d actually made waffles – a house-brand version of the round frozen kind that you buy for your toaster. Very crispy and buttery, with no gravel after-taste. My imagination is a dangerous place…


DMIL had an appointment today and needed a ride, so Beloved and Dearest Son were going up to take care of it, and Dearest was gonna overnight visit, something we haven’t done in a while. So I had an unexpected day all to m’self !


Which, I admit, I mostly slept through. I read some, played a few online games, played with my dolls a little, watched some truly awful daytime TV, made m’self a nice punch using fresh ginger ale and the last of the ice-crystalled orange sherbet from the freezer. Idly, I planned and plotted my next sewing project over some ham bone bean soup. I want something kind of easy, the better to ease my way back into what I hope becomes an everyday habit, like dishwashing (yuck, but it’s for the best) – but still a little challenging, so I’m not falling asleep in the middle of an inseam. Ended up leafing through Barbie patterns, for various reasons (adaptations of previously sewn items are a good mix of easy and challenging), but didn’t see anything I really wanted to run.


Beloved was home, with a load of bags from an Aldi’s run, and it was all I could do to not attack the crackers, chips, pickles, and other goodies. Good thing I’d cleaned out the freezer and fridge recently ! They’re stuffed now. Ginger-kitty got a flea bath with new shampoo, here’s hoping it works better than those useless drops, and I urged both of ‘em to get a nap. I had an idea…


I finally remembered an MH skirt pattern I’d tried once and liked, but found a bit too short for my tastes. So while everyone breathed gently as day became evening, I altered the pattern and cut out fabric. Should have time to stitch it up tomorrow. Hope it works !



Oh, and the San Diego Comic Con began today…or something. If you wanna see at least part of the Mattel MH display, photos are out there. One contains a sloth pet that has fed rumors of a Slow-Moe doll being revealed over the next few days. Mattel’s got six cardboard stand-ins for doll reveals – two Thursday, one Friday, two Saturday, one Sunday. I so hope the sloth rumor is true…

No comments:

Post a Comment