Sunday, July 7, 2013

His imperfection makes him mine...


Current Mood : Whimsically dizzy. 





The birthday card Beloved Hubby got for me.
Isn't he sweet ?
It's what I want for everybody !
Thanks to several message boards and Flickr, I’ve learned that most Heath Burns dolls have a stained right hand from his oven mitt. Since the ones I’d seen before mine arrived were clean and clear and yellow, I thought mine was unusual. Also, thanks to Lyvanette, I know I can buy his replacement hands from the Mattel parts shop. Some think this is not coincidental, but my days in believing in doll conspiracy plots, no matter how much sense (or $ for the manufacturer) they make, is past.


I’d already decided, though, that I was gonna keep him as-is. I’d toyed with using acne cream to remove the stains – I already have that stuff – but decided against that, too. For him to be the clumsy goof self-described on the box, it would make sense for him to have a scar or two, or at least a temporary mark leftover from his latest fiasco. In other words, the imperfection makes him Heath, to me, which makes him *my* Heath. My dolls don’t have to be perfect, just mine. So, unless his hand deteriorates further, I’m leaving him be, so he can be all the Heath he can be.



My insomnia continues. I’m gonna be insane by Thursday…

No comments:

Post a Comment