Saturday, December 1, 2012

‘Barbie Style’, ‘MH Style’…I’m starting to think it’s all the same, just different in the details.


Current Mood : Delighted !



Ya'll aren't surprised to learn I've owned this since 1991 -
or that I've given at least four more copies as gifts,
are you ? 
Sent out a ‘flyer’ of sorts on the MH message board, wondering if anyone wanted to trade a HooDude for the DracuLaura and Frankie beds. It’ll cost a bit of change to mail ‘em, but they weren’t getting any leads on Craigslist, and the Dude was bringing $80. to $120. on eBay by himself, which is only gonna climb higher the closer Christmas gets, so, well… Since each part of the equation was pricey and in demand, it didn’t seem so ridiculous.


And less than an hour later, I had a potential trade ! She hasn’t written back yet, but if things go well, I could have HooDude by mid-December. And it’ll only cost me shipping. Beloved Hubby got paid earlier than expected, so he put a few bucks aside for me. Yaay !


Tried to figure out what to sew next – I finally got tired of the UltraSuede. Well, the paisley at least. About all I have left to make out of it that I haven’t already is a long skirt, pants, and stuff for the guys. So I wanted to give it a rest, but thanks to staying up late with Beloved, I needed rest, too. Caught a quick nap before we headed out to get a new battery for Venus-Diesel. She’s needed one (diesels her size use two) for about six months, and it’s been hard budgeting for it, but worth it now that we don’t have to worry ‘will she start ?’ each time we shut off her ignition. We even got a pro-rate on the malfunctioning one, plus the core charge discount, so it was a little less than we planned. Tomorrow, on Beloved’s day off, we’re ordering pizza for supper !


For tonight though, while he worked, I strolled Etsy for ideas. Wish I had the funds to buy some of the neat dresses Tabitha’s been making ! She sells as ‘moonsight68’ there, and I can tell ya’ll from owning some of her pieces, they are exquisitely crafted. Same for Deborah’s delightful doll food – her cupcakes and cookies make me hungry every time I see them ! Ever have to hide food from yourself ? Ever have to hide doll food ? (grin) I’m hoping I can snag some MH-style candy canes when she restocks ‘dlsarmywife’ soon !


It didn’t take long before I found an MH dress I really liked – and didn’t have a pattern to make m’self. In fact…I couldn’t tell how it was made, except beautifully. Very vintage Barbie style, with a snug bodice and swirling skirt. Hmmm. Barbie. I dug in my vast treasury of digital patterns for Babs and co., and found it. Hrf. Might be easier to buy one and take it apart ! But I’d hate to undo someone else's craft, and it’d be money spent I’d really rather apply elsewhere – when I have it. So, I resized the pattern, and I’ll try it tomorrow. I’m still sleepy, and (sigh) we were able to reactivate Netflix, too – I found a show I like.


Have you seen Once Upon A Time…?

No comments:

Post a Comment