Wednesday, December 12, 2012

She's galactic !


Current Mood : A curious sort of ennui...



Scaris Deuce is in the house ! He arrived this morning, perfect and awesome. You’re probably asking the same question I poked m’self with over and over about six seconds before I hit the ‘send message’ button – I have the first Deuce. Why do I want this one, too ? Well, there’s new shoes and a new green outfit  to like, and those bending wrists ! I keep entertaining some silly notion that one day, I’ll find a Dawn of the Dance Deuce and I’ll swap arms with him, and have the best of all three guys.


Too bad Dawn Deuce is about $40. to $60. right now. Ah, well, maybe after December, the holiday crazies will subside a bit and he’ll be affordable. Meanwhile, I’ve seen Gil sell for over $200., which is just plain ridiculous.


Thing is, Scaris Deuce is shaping up to be nearly the same as Gil. He’s already short-packed in the assorted shipments, and will probably be replaced mid-series. There’s dozens on eBay - $50. for a $15. MSRP doll ! – but I hear a lotta folks yelling they can’t find him at retail level. Same as I heard about Gil last year. Now, my seller, who has excellent trade ratings on the message board, had two, and offered them for $25. each, shipping and all. Maybe she made $3. on each, after Priority mailing and taxes. Less than that after packing supplies and gas. But I was the only one to buy him from her. To me, it was worth the extra $10. to get him delivered, so I didn’t have to hunt him down m’self, drive all over the place, and probably still pay too much. It was much too little ‘profit’ to be scalping, in my opinion. Yet the same folks who could have snagged the other one from her are still complaining. (sigh) I don’t get people… At least this isn’t the first and only Deuce out there, which is what’s driving Gil’s resale price to ridiculous heights.


Anyway. Here’s Abbey in her new dress ! I now have the ‘Barbarella’ shoes I never liked at first, in four colors. Her necklace is another of her ‘temperature control’ ones that come with nearly every Abbey, but I love her purse ! It’s such a beautiful shade of blue, it relaxes me just to look at it.


Not a lot else going on. We’re back to therapy this week, and I’m still waiting for HooDude. I think that, if I haven’t heard anything by Friday, it isn’t asking too much to bug my trade partner, right ? 

1 comment:

  1. Abbey looks fantastic! And I'd love to add a Scaris Deuce to my collection too especially since he's got articulated wrists! Congrats on getting yours!

    And NO Friday is NOT to early to bug your partner! I hope everything works out and he arrives without a hitch!

    ReplyDelete