Thursday, December 6, 2012

Photo Finish is a picture-perfect pony !


Current Mood : Shop-dropped


We had a Pringles snack today, and I repurposed the empty cans into My Little Pony castle turrets for Dearest Son’s growing collection of G3 ponies. Paired with an empty brick ramen box, it looks respectably like a castle, with archways, windows, and even a drawbridge. Just glad I had enough construction paper, tape, and a big gold brad to secure the drawbridge door ! He selected the colors, drew the details, and played with it for most of the afternoon. Guess ya never outgrow playin’ with boxes.


Then, Beloved Hubby was home early, so I had to hurry. Thanks to the several-a-day e-mails I’m getting from TRU, I had a lucky combo of a 20% off any one item coupon and a $5. off Member voucher. The coupon was, of course, for today only, and the voucher expires Saturday. So. Time to go Christmas shopping !


I got Dearest’s big gift (shhh – it’s here !) right off, but couldn’t take advantage of the free My Size Barbie, as they were out of stock. Kinda ranks, ‘cause I was gonna donate her. Ah, well. Spent waaay too much time in the MH aisle, considering all they had was two DDG Lagoonas, one Dance Class Lagoona, and one Scaris Clawdeen. And about six million Skull Shores DracuLaura and Ghoulias and a small raft of Ghouls Rule DLaura and Clawdeen dolls. I personally sold two school playsets to curious parents who were relieved to know it’s not just cardboard – and that they didn’t pay the stupid high price I did !  Snagged the Clawdeen to donate.


Caught a buy one-get one half off sale on Bratz, and scored two Bratzillaz accessory packs, for the shoes. Considered a couple Liv wigs, but they’ve returned to full price, so back they went. The ‘Clearance’ section is cleaned out !


From there, it was on to the My Little Pony aisle. Dearest picked out three sets he liked on HasbroToyStore.com, and I found two of ‘em. I also got the one I wanted, and am now the proud owner of my very own miniature Photo Finish fashion photography pony. It is absolutely ridiculous how happy I am about that. Notice what in today’s photo is already deboxed. Yup. Same price as Hasbro, too. Photo Finish came with Hoity Toity, a fashion critic, and Rarity, one of Dearest’s favorites. I felt a bit bad that I’d gone shopping without him, so I gave Rarity to him. He now has three Rarities, each a different size. However, I have miniature pony versions of Anna Wintour and Karl Lagerfeld on my desk, ready to let me know when my sewing goes awry. Watch this for further explanation of why I love Photo Finish !


Time to check out. After a ten-minute wait in line – only two registers were open, and the place was, at 4pm, humid with humanity on a bone-dry day – the registers won’t scan my coupons, so I have to bundle it all to the service desk and wait in that line. Arrrgh. Wait another ten minutes, and…they still don’t scan. Poor cashier tried over and over until management hit two keys, and we were done. Success ! Still, I felt like the world’s worst Extreme Couponer – the clueless one that’s trying to get away with something, always right in front of you in line. Apologized to everyone and applied lavish praise on my way out into the clean air. Whew.


Got the bags split up into what I could take inside and what had to be left in Venus-diesel, covered up the huge box with the blanket I’d sneaked in this morning, and headed home, swearing to avoid the place until January, at the earliest. That sound you hear is déjà vu, not irony. I may or may not have voiced similar sentiments in past holiday seasons. So there.


Part of me really wanted the Fashion Style Luna – much cuter in person than in photos ! -  but I was already spending for the Bratzillaz shoes, and don’t have much space for more toys. Plus, I’m gonna try to make a stuffed Luna, and if she works, I won’t need a plastic one !


Right now, though, what I want most is a nap ! And some cheese…and ginger ale ! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love Dearest's gift,I've seen it set up and it's not only cool the way it is but has a lot of potential when painted over if you get tired of it's original scheme.After playing with theirs as is for a while one friend's kid turned it into a space station/rocket after finding a lot of that 70s futuristic furniture at a garage sale and another added all sorts of foliage and turned it into a tree house.It turned out to be sturdier than it seemed at first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://voodoo-tiki.deviantart.com/art/My-Little-Pony-pattern-1-291118373

    ^If you need a decent pony pattern to sew a Luna from heh.

    ReplyDelete