Sunday, December 2, 2012

Craft trolley !


Current Mood : Happy !



Yaaay ! I got to do a little shopping today ! Beloved Hubby sold his textbooks and we had a little spree, all three of us. I hit Hancock Fabrics for the Velcro ™, Fray-Check, elastic, interfacing, and a couple super-cheap remnants I needed – and a ten-drawer storage trolley ! I’ve been wanting one for years, and this was the cheapest I’ve ever seen it. And that was before the coupons ! The super-sweet, absolutely wonderful cashier scanned the ones I printed, then a couple she had, and I paid far less than I thought. I think my Fray-Check twin-pack was about $3.50 when she was done !


Once  home with our new goodies, I was soon in a rearranging mood. Assembled the trolley in about ten minutes – free allen wrench ! – and got to work emptying a bookcase shelf. I’d been using it to store backdrops, in the hopes that it’d be a sort of photo studio, but I could never get enough light in there. What light I got bounced around crazily, and I could never get a good photo, no matter what backdrop or shade I used. If I cleared out the stuff that’s sat in there barely used since we moved here, I could space out my overcrowded dolls a bit.


At first, I stuffed the scrapbook pages and props into the new trolley, but that didn’t work. Easily half my papers were 12“ x 12”, just slightly too wide for the drawers. I could stack ‘em on top, but they’d get dusty and wrinkled. Well, shoot. Had fun filling up the other removable shelves with the new fabric, the scrap box, and the stuff I bought to make my own HooDude, since I may still have to do that. Haven’t heard from my swap partner, not even her address, since she offered. That’s the second time someone’s asked if I still have the beds, and I haven’t heard from ‘em since I replied. And all I’ve said is, yes, I still have them, and I’ll be glad to answer any other questions. (sigh)


Wanna know what’s funny ? I wanted to go to Hancock’s so bad, because the felt from Hobby Lobby I bought seemed so thin. Three guesses what kind of felt Hancock’s had !


Anyway, I rethought some of my storage and redid a shelf under my desk – and now all the papers are right at my elbow ! I thought about getting a magazine holder for the smaller ones, but I’d found my binder fulla document protectors, and used that instead. Back when I still had the Lab, I used document protectors to organized used pattern printouts, but soon had so many, it was easier to just print off new than dig through all the old. I ditched the patterns in the big move two years ago, when I sold/gave away most of the dolls they went to. However, document protectors are like many other office supplies, you can always use ‘em later, so I threaded them into an old binder and shoved it in a box with the other papers, envelopes, and such. Glad I did !


Split my dolls into the new shelf space, and everyone looks happier. I also moved some small craft things into the trolley drawers, but left two empty, for ongoing projects. Like that dress I was supposed to sew today…(embarrassed blush) 

2 comments:

  1. Love your new craft trolley! I've had a couple in the past but not that one! I like how bright it is!

    BTW you just gave me a great idea for organizing my patterns...I am so going to be grabbing a binder and some page protectors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a bunch back in the day from DTree - not sure if they still carry document protectors, but it may be worth a shot. I think I got either 10 or 12 for my buck ! And they often have cheap (if narrow) binders.

      I mixed up the drawer colors, it looked more festive that way !

      Delete