Thursday, December 13, 2012

All good things come to an end...especially buying stuff...


Current Mood : Spent. 



OK, this is where I gotta stop. It’s beyond ridiculous. I haven’t even finished opening the last set of MH doll clothes, and Scaris Deuce is still in his box…but as soon as I found out the new ‘2 and a half outfits’ Deluxe Fashion Packs were on Amazon.com for $13., I bought the three I wanted (Ghoulia’s, Operetta’s, and Robecca’s) and didn’t even think about it. (sigh) At least it kept me from haunting eBay for Dawn of the Dance Deuce and another Operetta doll !


Still trying to figure out how two outfits and a couple accessories make up ‘two and a half’ of anything. Maybe you’re supposed to pair it with whatever your doll was wearing when you got her ? But no, that’d be three outfits. Unless there’s more in the box than is pictured, I have yet to figure it out. Skipped getting Frankie’s, because there wasn’t enough there I wanted – I liked the ‘tie’ necklace, t-shirt, and jacket, but I liked the other three sets much more !


But seriously, between the stuff I’m buying and the stuff I’ve made, these darn dolls have plenty to wear. Heck, I barely have time to redress them when the new stuff arrives ! Luckily, that was the end of my holiday budget, so there won’t be any more of that, but while I’m happy I got what I wanted (as always !) I feel kinda bad about buying stuff when things could get tight again very soon. At least I switched it to free shipping from the upgraded shipping it defaulted to – five bucks is five bucks. Still. It stops now.


That feels better. Now, to keep to my word, which is a bit harder…


Dearest Son decided today that he didn’t need two Rarity My Little Pony figures, since he bought the same ‘Famous Friends’ set I did when we went to Mal-Wart a few days ago. So he gave me his ! He said he wanted to keep my Rarity, but he wanted me to have one, so I could have his. How sweet ! While Photo Finish and Hoity Toity are just hangin’ out, I have his Rarity posed with a large glass ‘emerald’, which suits her.


Oh, and this was weird. Before I snagged the fashion packs, I trawled around and made a bizarre discovery. Unless it’s changed from when I write this to now, there was not a single doll listed in Toysrus.com’s Monster High section. There’s 105 items, but it’s slippers, décor, costumes, and props. Not one single doll anywhere. Weird, huh ?


Not a lot else going on. Tomorrow is Beloved Hubby’s last day of class, and finals. It’s been crazy around Chez Insanity lately. His big holiday gift is due to arrive tomorrow, and he can’t wait. I can’t wait for Christmas, mostly to get that huge box of Barbie Dreamhouse out of our bedroom. Still have some sewing to do, though. 

1 comment: