Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pre-holiday yawnfest, dead ahead !


Current Mood : Kinda floaty



I ended up sewing another white-on-white holly dress instead. Not that I needed a second one, but I wanted to sew something, and I can add this to Dearest Son’s stocking haul. He has two guys who need shirts and pants, so I’ll probably concentrate on that over the next week or so. It’ll give him some other gifts to open, since his big one is soooo huge (and expensive) that there isn’t much else. Especially with his birthday next month.


Meanwhile, I played with the new dresses ! Spectra’s is gorgeous, even though the bell sleeve is a bit longer than I’d have liked. It’d be difficult to fix well, so I’m going to leave it alone. Besides, it’s about right when her arm is bent, and sometimes, it’s best to be happy and move on. Tomorrow, Abbey gets her new dress !


I also finished altering that lavender and silver Dollar Tree dress. It’s a bit too snug at the hips, but it hangs that way even with the Velcro ™ open, so there’s not much I can do about it. Took the Bratzillaz pink witch hat off the black plastic headband it came on, and discovered why it never sat right on my MH dolls’ heads – it’s too big ! Oh, it’s wide enough, that’s near perfect. But the side pieces are so long, they cover the dolls’ ears. Add a couple little fleece circles, and you’d have instant earmuff. The band has to sit behind the ears to work, which kinda throws the fit off. I’ll probably trim it a nibble at a time ‘til it works, but on the whole, I prefer my ribbon and elastic headband creations much more ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment