Saturday, December 8, 2012

I yawn at parades...


Current Mood : British

Current Image Notes : This cloak really stands out, and the purse is huge ! Carlin can't help feel less 'fashionable' and more 'Nanny 911' wearing it. May remake the cloak, and I am definitely putting that hat on a ribbon ! 



Had an early day today, after a late night with Beloved Hubby. (yawn) One day next  week, I’m gonna get more than four hours of sleep – but I’m not gonna count on it ! We had an invitation to a birthday party from one of his art class students, and I volunteered to hop up to Hobby Lobby for a bit of gift shopping. I was pretty positive about getting in and out…until I discovered today was the big City of Christmas Parade.



Arrgh. I’d normally be happy, ‘cause everyone out there watching ambulances and horses isn’t at HLobby, but the parade route wasn’t marked for crap. So I clumsily ended up in the middle of it, maybe a single block away from being in the darn parade. By the time I (and the pile-up ahead and behind me) fought a path out of the snarl, the festivities were over, and spectators were headed back to their vehicles. What a cluster bomb.



Eventually, I got our agreed-on gift (and some sale trim and markdown ribbon for m’self) and headed out – wow. I’d parked in the furthest reaches of BFE, ‘cause parking the massive Venus-diesel remains a bit of a challenge, but I was completely surrounded by the time I got out. And, since it’s an established fact that no one in our city can drive during the other eleven months, driving the main shopping arcades during Christmas is the best chance to exercise some of your more exotic, meaningful cursing. Which I did.



The party was so much fun – all the moms formed a very entertaining chat klatch, as did the dads. Since it was another gloriously sunny, almost warm day, the kids ran around the park, yelling in spur-of-the-moment games and challenges. The birthday girl really loved her gift, and we all had a fantastic time.



Then we hit Mal-Wart, and we now have a microwave oven ! Scored it for $46., which was a great deal – our target was $50. or less, and this one’s a thousand watts ! Dearest Son got to spend some of his backlogged allowance, and there wasn’t a single MH item in the whole store I didn’t already have, or remotely want. Thank Everything ! I’ve already spent a nice bit of change on m’self, past time for me to rein it in. That said, I still got a can of rich brown Fusion ‘Textured Shimmer’, and soon as the temperature permits, I’m gonna paint those duplicate Operetta fashion pack shoes !



I also got a mini cardboard triptych, blank white inside. It’ll be great for doll photos, and it was only $2. I’ve had those before, but had to ditch them whenever we moved. They were huge, the kind that kids use at science fairs. Should be able to hold on to this one. It’s only 14 inches tall !



Once home, I had a bunch of messages waiting for me. My swap partner got her beds today, but hasn’t mailed HooDude yet. She promised she would Monday, so here’s hoping ! I also bought a Scaris Deuce from another member, and can’t wait to get him, either. Yeah, I know, I said I wasn’t gonna buy any Scaris dolls, and counting the donated Clawdeen, I’ve now bought two….but that’s it. No more. Not even Ghoulia !



And the order I placed to Mattel’s parts dept. (known as the Mattel Store, as opposed to the Mattel Shop) is due in Monday. Dearest and I went in together on it. He has the school playset furniture bag – two desks, the cart, the picnic table, and the bleachers – coming, I have the same plus another three-eyed frog and pillar gargoyles set, and an accessory bag of small props, like the food, trophies, books, another lab jar, and skull locks. All of it was just a twitch over $30. shipped, which isn’t bad when eBay sellers want $15. for only a single set of the bleachers.



You can also score MH arms, stands, and some Fearbook replacement parts, along with Barbie sofas, playset stickers, and small props, there as well. It’s my first actual order with them, so I’ll let you know how it goes !



As today ends, there’s new stuff everywhere, packaging all over the place, and a plain mess in the in-between spaces. I have a major clean-out in front of me…and I’m actually looking forward to it ! 

1 comment:

  1. I found Scaris Jinafire yesterday at our WalMart, but ended up not purchasing her after noting that her head was misshapen. Seriously. I thought it was her face being poorly screened on at first, but looking at her tilted up in the box revealed that the right side of her face actually bulged out so that the area around her right eye didn't indent at ALL. I haven't seen Scaris Deuce at all, really really fortunate to have found one!

    Nanny 911 Omg, cannot unsee now! XD

    ReplyDelete