Friday, December 14, 2012

So beached !


Current Mood : Lulled. 

Current Image Notes : Clickie for biggies !



Well, we didn’t have long to wait before Beloved Hubby’s big gift arrived – he was barely home from class when it was delivered ! He’s been on Cloud #9 with it, so I think I can safely say he’s having a merry Christmas.


I had some fun, too – deboxed Scaris Deuce, and made a comic strip out of the box liner. It’s kinda silly, so I’ll uncork it tomorrow. He didn’t make it into today’s photo, because I forgot I’ve been including the fashion pack’s adorable art from the back. There just wasn’t room for him in the shot !


I like this one, but just as I went to put it on Skull Shores Lagoona, the smaller loop of rope neckline pulled out, and I had to Fray-check and sew it back down. Then pick it out and sew it again because I forgot to keep the other rope strap inside the loop. Ah, well, it only took five minutes, but it’s a bit annoying. Especially when I’ve been defending these fashions from a lotta folks who say there’s not much there for the money. I kinda agree, but I love it anyway. Besides, if the $8. ones are now $12. – if TRU’s shelf tags are an accurate indication – who’s to say these $10. ones with less aren’t good in their own way ?


Besides the rope halter cords, the only other issue I had was with the shoes. It’s impossible for Lagoona to wear them any higher than they are now. Her leg fins won’t fit around the straps, and the straps just won’t go any higher on her leg. So it’s either no fins (no way !) or low straps. Ah, well. Even on the packaging, the straps are shown lower than her fins, so I’ll let her wear ‘em that way. For such a simple dress (yeah, it’s a one-piece deal), it really is cute on her. Carlin is already eyeing it , waiting for whenever Lagoona wants a change.


And HooDude is due to arrive Monday ! Whoo-hoo ! I hated to bug my trade partner, but I'm kinda glad I did. I'll thank her a dozen more times, and leave her great group feedback, when he arrives. 


We went out this evening for dinner and ran by GoodWill and Mal-Wart. Remembered to look around the trading card aisle for the MH Panini postcards, and bought three packs. No duplicates, but I got a lot of Clawdeen ! Also several that I really like, and a couple that are ‘meh’. There’s a trading thread for them on that message board I keep bothering, so I may have to list my six ‘meh’ cards there. Maybe get some more Ghoulia and guys. Only checklist I can find is too blurry to help much.


I also found that our M-W has the greyscale Skull Shores Frankie Stein dolls in stock again – for just $4.13 ! I snagged two. One to keep, one to donate. Nothing else new, though. Thank Everything ! Grabbed dinner – fish ! – and headed for home. What a nice day !


Hope you don’t have to go out in the shopping madness tomorrow ! If ya do – good luck !  

No comments:

Post a Comment