Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My new 'Dude !


Current Mood : Relieved !


Woke up this morning to the sight of a beautiful Anjou pear on my nightstand. Beloved Hubby got it for me, saying he knew I’d love it. It was delicious !


And my beds / HooDude swap is back on ! He looks fantastic (there he is !), and we’ve traded addresses, so today, I made sure both beds were all extra-clean and nice, dusted those hard-to-reach bits, bagged up all the tiny props, and got it all cushioned well for the trip. Only one problem. Not a single box in this house was big enough. Not even the one my craft trolley came in, it was too thin and didn’t double well.


So I told my swap partner I couldn’t mail off today, but should tomorrow. There’s a great box store in town, but between FIL’s minor surgery and Beloved’s classes, Dearest Son and I weren’t going anywhere. At least, not until Beloved came home. It was too late for the post office, but the box shop was still open, so in short, I have a perfect, new box for the beds. They’ll go off tomorrow, and hopefully HooDude will be on his way to me. He’s a lot easier to ship !


It’s funny. HooDude alone has brought as little as $35. on eBay, but right now, the only solo ‘Dude is a hundred bucks. Heck, for that, you might be able to score the two San Diego Comic Con-exclusive dolls – Scarah and HooDude – if you can catch one soon. Prices on stuff like that always go up the closer you get to Christmas. In a way, I’ll have spent about $50. to $60. on mine. $40. for the two beds, and about $20. to ship ! At least it’s only a few bucks in ‘now’ cash.


I got a look at Dance Class Lagoona’s ‘ballet slippers’ and really wasn’t impressed. So I tried to make shoes again. Total fail ! Not sure how I made those ugly mustard-yellow ones back in ’10, but it sure as heck wasn’t using the pattern I saved. Yikes.


Realized I didn’t have it in me tonight to really create new shoe patterns, and instead erased the paint from the other Toralei fashion shoe and repainted it. My fingers are numb, but the job’s no longer only half done ! I regret that I didn’t get to use Alrunia’s awesome tip – nail polish remover, then adhesive remover – but we never got near a craft, auto, or general merchandise store tonight.


Oh, and good news ! I lost six pounds ! Hopped on the scale to get a guesstimate of the box weight, and, wow ! Guess sewing instead of foraging (and sticking to the 1 glass of soda / 2 glasses of water plan) is paying off. We’ll have to see if it still works once I get anywhere near a grocery store – I want Pringles, and Goldfish crackers, and big dill pickles, and gouda cheese, and rice crackers, and chips with dip, and a ham sandwich, and…

1 comment:

  1. Oh but dill pickles are SUPER low in calories. As far as those go, snack away without remorse. ;)

    ReplyDelete