Monday, December 10, 2012

And yet, I still find that I want to sew tonight...


Current Mood : Spoiled !

Current Image Notes : Click to embiggen !

Talk about a busy day ! We all overslept, but I made a nice breakfast (sausage biscuits) so we got off on the right foot anyway.


Deboxed DDG Operetta – and asked Dearest Son if he wanted to go back on our deal, because it was fine with me ! She’s gorgeous, and her hair is so pretty and soft…Of course, he didn’t, so I honored it and set out an array of four dresses (one mine, three Mattel) and offered to custom-sew just for his Operetta, his choice. He went with a loose-fitting red sheath I made some time ago, and I found  boots to match.


He gave me the jewelry and mask, too, saying he didn’t like it – what a thoughtful boy ! He’ll find some new dresses and pants for his guys in his stocking in a couple weeks. Soon as we find his stocking…


I’m thinking of obtaining another Operetta, since I can’t make m’self take down her ‘victory rolls’ signature hairstyle...but she looks so pretty in a ponytail, or with her hair down. Later tonight, I am sooo putting mine into the DDG dress ! I have loved it since I saw it, but just couldn’t justify buying a second doll, and the dress alone goes for about $12. on eBay – not including shoes or shipping ! I liked the shoes, too…those settle out at about $8. to $10. (sigh)


Anyway, a second Opie isn’t something I’m gonna obtain/ not obtain today. Not with everything else I had arriving ! The four outfits I bought on eBay Friday arrived today, and so did the ‘sister’ Clawdeen outfit and shoes I snagged super-cheap. The seller even included the earrings and bracelets, which was a sweet bonus. And I am in *love* with the new ‘cheaper’ outfits. Sure, they don’t have much in the way of props – it’s just dress, shoes, and two coordinating accessories in there. And  they’re barbed right to the cardboard like Barbie clothes without the cool paper dolls, the clothes are simple and the shoes and accessories are all recycled…but I love them all ! I now have four pair of the ‘Barbarella’ shoes (black, white, gold, and purple) and new colors of other shoes I’ve enjoyed, and the box back art is *adorable* !


Final word – don’t care if they’re ‘cheaper’ and I actually paid more for these than I did for the previous fashion packs. I love them, and it’s great having old faves in new colors. BTW, the one Operetta fashion pack TRU still had left the other day ? It was on a pin labeled $12.99 !! Bring on the cheapies, Mattel !


Then, the Mattel order arrived. Everything was perfect. Dearest has his dolls and ponies enjoying a picnic or playing on the bleachers, and his lab cart is loaded with plastic food. He put the two desks together right the first time – it took me two tries to get my set right, and mine came with directions ! I’m very pleased with the economy, quality, and speed of Mattel Consumer Relations, aka, the Mattel Store. 


And we ordered Beloved Hubby’s big Christmas gift, which will hopefully arrive Friday. It’s so hard shopping for him every year, I just wait until he obsesses on something he wants, then I swoop in and snag it for him. Otherwise he’ll kvetch over whether or not to spend the cash for days. Sheesh, there’s a reason I haven’t totaled all I’ve spent on fun stuff this month – I don’t wanna know, and I surely don’t wanna harsh any of the fun. Besides, the spending’s nearly over and we still have a few bucks. Not sure how that happened…


Still waiting to hear from my HooDude and Scaris Deuce shippers. Not sure if either is on the way or still on their desks, but hey, at least I still have something to look forward to ! Think I’ll sew something tonight, just for kicks. Yes, I’m swimming in new doll clothes, and want to sew something. Something…summery…

No comments:

Post a Comment