Saturday, December 15, 2012

Saturday. Bleh.


Current Mood : Bored. 



Here’s the cover to that Monster High kids’ magazine I got a few days ago. Cute, but not essential – unless they start adding original art soon !


Catching some old movies on Netflix. Never saw White Christmas until today. And thanks to the recent ‘flix deal with Disney, there’s a lot more of that to see. I’ve never seen Pocahontas either, because that was The Next Big Thing when I worked at the Diz Store. If I never hear ‘Colors of the Wind’ again – it was on the Big Screen constantly – I’ll die a happy ex-cast member. Yet I’ll probably watch it later, out of sheer curiosity. Huh. Never knew that ‘Counting Your Blessings’ song came from White Christmas, either. Pretty good movie, just too many plotlines, too long, and that ‘Minstrel Show’ piece could easily be lifted out. It’s gorgeously costumed, and thank Everything no one’s in blackface, but still kinda insensitive in these times.


One blessing I’m counting is that HooDude is due in Monday ! I’ll accept Tuesday, too. My ‘Deluxe Fashion Packs’ off Amazon should arrive Tuesday. I’m glad. This spending spree has given me this bizarre ennui – I want to sew, but just can’t seem to work up the enthusiasm like I did before. I think once I’m not eagerly awaiting packages, I’ll go back to creative, challenged normal.


For now, though, I’m so bored. Can’t wait to go to the Library Tuesday – it’s our last drawing class ‘til 2013, and I’m out of stuff to read ! 

2 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: in my country there is also a magazine dedicated to the Monsters. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've never seen White Christmas??? I've been watching it all weekend in bits and pieces since AMC has been playing it at least twice a day. I mainly just watch it for the costumes (done by Edith Head), Rosemary Clooney's singing, and Vera Ellen's Dancing. Danny Kaye and Bing Crosby don't really do much for me, especially Danny Kaye. There's only so long you can take his overacting mugging before you want him to really fall down those stairs.
    Oh! And Mary Wickes, adore that woman.
    Pocahontas is an okay film, certainly not my favorite, but the animation is pretty well done. I bought the DVD when it first came out but certainly haven't watched it much beyond it's initial viewing. The animals are cute in it though.

    ReplyDelete