Sunday, December 9, 2012

Good thing I love to adapt fashions !


Current Mood : Excited !



Remember Rochelle’s sunshine PJ pants ? They were from the fourth pack of doll clothes I got from Dollar Tree – and here’s the other three. The dress on the Barbie dress form is the other outfit from the PJ pack, here as a sort of ‘before’ photo. Gonna alter it tonight to fit the MH ghouls, so wish me luck !


Today was fun – Beloved Hubby is on the hunt for something special for himself, and Dearest Son and I tagged along. We got to go to Hastings, where, once again, I had more MH (and newer) than they had in stock. However, I found something I wasn’t expecting while we were perusing the magazine shelves…an issue of the US Monster High magazine ! I’ve seen versions from the UK and I think one from Portugal, but as far as an American one, it was only a rumor. ‘Til tonight ! It didn’t come with the jewelry or lace glove the British one packed, but it was cute, and very similar to other youngster fan magazines, like Barbie, Disney Princess, or Boy Bands. Lots of familiar product art, a pull-out two-sided poster, not a lot of reading, and more fluff than Brides  and People combined.


Not sure if I’m gonna subscribe – it’s a bit banal for someone of my age, and it’s expensive (four issues for $18.). Here’s a confession…I rather liked Disney Princesses better. That one included a comic-book style story or two, and some original character art I’ve never seen anywhere else. And a craft activity that’s not already on the website. I’d say 99% of the art here came from doll packaging. Plus, it’s always funny when a brand-new magazine has fan art and advice column letters and answers already going. May take my chances and take a peek at the second issue before making up my mind. It’s due to hit newsstands 26 February.


The nearby across-town Mal-Wart was also a hive of nothing new and a lot outta stock. Dearest found Dot Dead Gorgeous Operetta, the only one I’ve ever seen. No Scaris or Dance Class – mostly like last year, it’s overstocked (read : Ghouls Rule) dolls that haven’t sold down yet and tons of dress-up accessories. He was a bit perturbed, though  – her $17.50 price tag would wipe out his allowance stash. I asked if he wanted to go in halves. I’d keep her clothes and shoes, and re-dress her for him, and she’d be $8.50 instead. He liked that, so she came home with us. Yaaay ! We both got a deal – he loves her soft ponytail and big bow, and her shoes alone go for about $8. on eBay. She’ll get deboxed tomorrow.


Monday’s already gonna be a big day. The Mattel Shop shipment and one of my eBay orders is due in. Early Christmas !

No comments:

Post a Comment