Friday, December 7, 2012

Here's Olive !


Current Mood : Witchy ! 



Here’s the green Bratzillaz pack on Olivia – I really like it ! I may take the ‘crest’ buttons off and use them elsewhere, but otherwise, it’s quite nice. The pink set witch hat is sewn to a plastic headband, but the green one has long black ribbon ties. I thought I’d prefer the headband, but it makes the large ribbon bows stand out against gravity. Can fix it by tacking it down further, but the ribbon ties work better at conforming the hat to a doll’s head. Giving serious consideration to removing the pink one from the headband, securing it to ribbon, and using the headband for other sinister purposes. It’s how I roll. Backpack fits on the doll’s shoulders, and isn’t outsized, either. Very nice !


And you can see how well the shoes fit. They may be just a twinge big, but I’d rather have that – can use hosiery with them – than the alternative. I love the green and black shoes. If there’d been no sale on a second set, I’d have bought just this one. The shoes resemble Draculaura’s pink/black ones from her ‘Newspaper Club’ fashion pack, and Abbey’s purple/black repaint clones in her ‘I Love Fashion’ set. So I’m way happy to have a green version !


Got to sew tonight, and opted for a simple holiday dress – a slightly lengthened version of the free-with-purchase ‘Simple A Line’ pattern, from NG Creations’ first set. You may remember it, I had tons of fun customizing it last Christmas. Kept it simple, ‘cause I knew it’d be worn with the other Bratzillaz set for tomorrow’s photo, so ya won’t see most of it anyway. Used the white-on-white holiday print, and it really looks nice. Photo Finish didn’t offer an opinion, and neither did Hoity Toity, so I’ve either shocked them to silence, or I have their approval.


Tomorrow you get photos of a lovely winter water witch !


Oh, and I’m not quite sure how it happened, but I seem to be a sewing guru / mentor on the message board I frequent. It’s not that I’m that good – I know I’m not ! - it’s that I’m often available and always willing to answer questions. I just hope I don’t confuse people worse. I tend to over-explain, or assume everyone’s at my low skill level. I want everyone to start sewing for their dolls, it’s so much fun !


But so is sleep….(yawwwwn)

No comments:

Post a Comment