Tuesday, December 18, 2012

If they don't take away my PaintShopPro after this lame joke, I don't think they ever will.


Current Mood : Relieved and joyful



Got to see DMIL this morning – she had some procedures scheduled, and she looked a little better, so I hope she’s soon feeling well again. Don’t think she’s leaving tomorrow, though. She still seems as weak as a newborn kitten. FIL was most grateful last night, and I figured now was as good a time as any to let things go and be as gracious as my Aunt L., the epitome of southern charm and gentility. I still loathe his choices and actions over the summer, but that was months ago, and his wife is seriously ill. Not doin’ any good to hold and carry grudges at a time like this. I’d want everyone to treat Beloved Hubby as kindly as possible, so I did the right thing, instead of being a shrew. Don’t think this is a permanent Life Change or nothin’.


Shortly after midnight, everything was quiet and everyone was in bed, except for Beloved (working) and me (waiting for Beloved). Couldn’t settle my mind down to read or play a game, so I sewed a bit. Knew I wasn’t ready for Version 2 of the Etsy dress, so I snagged that ribbon-tie halter camisole adaptation and sewed it, figuring on using some more white-on-white holly scraps and leaving the bottom hem mostly open to turn it right-side-out from, instead of the side / back closures. Sewed up OK, but the camisole came out more tube-like, since I didn’t shape it by altering the back closures on the fly like last time. Green ribbon gave it a splash of color and a bit more festive appearance, so I ended up liking it.


My eyes caught the slinky glint of the ruffled, gathered gold trim I’d bought on impulse – and erroneous belief that it was on sale ! – at Hobby Lobby last time I went. Turned out ‘trim’ is only ‘trim’ (and hence, on sale) if it’s on a cardboard spool, not a plastic reel or frame. Hmpft. In any case, it’s quite pretty, if not just a smidge tacky, and since it was already gathered, it’d make a quick skirt or sleeve. I held it up to my fitting doll and, wow, was that stuff thin. I could read my keyboard through it. You’d think it was made of real gold ! Completely transparent, but if it was doubled, not so. Measured out a generous length, added a half-inch to one and an inch to the other, and cut two strips of the stuff, one about five and a half, the other about six inches long. Hand- sewed ‘em together, one under the other, then machine-sewed ‘em to the hem of the camisole. Came out pretty cute ! You get to see that tomorrow.


It really was a great day. Ginger-kitty, who prefers an indoor-outdoor life, hadn’t come back for a week. We worried about her, but figured she’d sought shelter with another family, and kept the hope she’d come back sometime, next to her food and water dishes. While I had the door open for nice weather after visiting DMIL, she strolled in like she owned the joint, just like when we met. She ate and slept. Woke up, ignored the lot of us, and ate, then slept. Awoke again two hours later, and repeated the previous. About 5pm, she decided to hang out a bit, inspect everyone still awake, then curl up for another post-snack nap with Dearest Son on the sofa.


And I confess, the door was also partially open because UPS was due to deliver my MH Deluxe Doll Fashions – a day early, yaaay ! You’ll get photos of those soon, but for now, here’s a bonus treat, the back of the packages’ art ! Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment