Friday, December 30, 2011

Picky, picky, picky...

Current Mood : Hopeful



Ready to go to the library ! I've read Mercedes Lackey's Winds of Fate, Winds of Change and Winds of Fury, all in a week. I read her Queen's Own series before Dearest Son was born, but never read this sort-of sequel, because I didn't care much for the lead character. But, since the local library seems to have darn near all her books, I gave them a shot. And really enjoyed them ! It's funny, but when I knew of the Winds books, that was pretty much it for that series. Turns out, there's at least one more trilogy afterwards, possibly two before, and several other 'stand alone' books featuring characters from the first series. Whew ! I got a lotta reading ahead of me ! And Beloved Hubby boggled at me a bit when I got five books from our last visit !


I also finished Pretty Little Purses & Pouches, most of which were just too...fiddly for me. I was looking for more general shapes and ideas, but this book gives instructions on how to make exactly that purse in the photos. Nice if you want a quilted metallic bowling ball bag purse, but you have to take a leap on your own if you just want that shape, without the fiddly bits and quilting. I may use one of the simpler designs, though, for a bag to show off some embroidery.


I'm nearly done with 1,000 Clever Sewing Shortcuts and Tips - having read most of them on the source, PatternReview. com. I found two of mine that got used, but I'm embarrassed at how beginner-basic they are. Still, it was kind of a shock to see them there. And I'm skipping quite a bit, since I don't have a serger. Should be done with it sometime tomorrow.


I feel better, but I still fall asleep like a computer - no input for ten minutes, and I'm gone. But I think I'm on the high side of whatever-this-was. Here's hoping ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment