Friday, December 9, 2011

'The Girls' aren't even speaking to me ! Not that I blame them...

Current Mood : Whiny and annoyed.



Boy, what a day ! I thought my appointment was for a few more images of 'the girls', and I'd be in and outta there like lightning. Instead, the tech took so. many. images. My legs got tired from standing, not to mention the ridiculous poses I had to assume to keep my arms and head away from the device - and after a while, it hurt, getting shmooshed and flattened in every conceivable axis.


About 3/4 of the way in, the tech let me rest, and called a doctor - they could see something-or-other this way, but not that way. That led to a lengthy consult with unfamiliar terms over the phone, then she took a few more images, and led me to an ultrasound room.


Whaaa...? I wasn't scheduled for an ultrasound. Now I was starting to worry. Had they seen something ? What was wrong, for all this to be going on ? Oh, heavens, this is all I needed right now !


A few minutes later, the doctor came in - turned out there are some odd images, but it's nothing to be frightened of. For some reason, when I told the last folks about the 2001 cysts, they didn't write it down. Once I described where they were, bingo ! Right where they were seeing some anomaly. They want to have a look again in six months, but really, there was nothing to worry about. I was dressed and on the way to Starlight (with a very relieved Beloved Hubby) ten minutes later. And we got our mileage allowance, too !


I was happy, but was so strained, once we made lunch and Beloved left for work, I zonked right out. It felt sooo good. Got up, played with Abbey for a while, and did dishes. Stretched out a bit for some DVD before dinner - which I'd promised to make - and cuddled with Dearest Son for as long as he'd let me.


No time for sewing, and I'm simply not in a mood for it, either. Since Beloved's working tomorrow, I'll probably try that baby-doll dress, View C, to complete Abbey's new outfit. I'll have sunlight to help ! I'm hoping to find a replacement bulb this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment