Saturday, December 3, 2011

Darn cats !

Current Mood : Fat & Festive



Whew ! All caught up. And when there's a day I can do that, you can rest assured I didn't do much else. Sorry to run so late. I write, every day, but sometimes I simply don't have the energy or the light to take a good picture. And in a blink, a week has gone by. I'm sure ya'll know what I'm blathering on about.


So it was a sort of boring day, but I spent a ridiculous amount of time admiring that image of DracuLaura in the tree. It's nothing special, even I know that, but I was really happy with how well the image and the dress worked out. Dearest Son thought it was funny, a doll in a Christmas tree, so he posed his Toralei in the branches when I was done, and took pictures of his own. I started to remember all the fights through all the years involving cats and Christmas trees, so, today's image. I put up one without words on Flickr, if you're interested.


Speaking of the dress, I wrote Nancy (of NG Creations, the pattern designer) to tell her how much I loved sewing it and I hoped to see more Monster High designs from her soon. She already does patterns for most dolls out there, from Barbie to Crissy to Dora the Explorer. She wrote back - how kind ! - to tell me she's working on another set that should be out before Christmas. Also, she has a couple of guy models now, so I should keep my eyes open for upcoming patterns for the dudes as well. Her Grand-daughter is enamored of MH, and sketches what she wants, and Nancy makes the patterns from there. Isn't that adorable ? She wants a wedding set next...


Speaking of my guy, he got a gift from his Grand-dad today. He's been wanting a DVD player for his room, so he won't have to keep borrowing the living room one whenever he wants to see a library-borrowed Bakugan episode. DFIL had an older combo DVD/VCR device, that just needed a good cleaning - which he took care of today. So now, Dearest has his DVD player, and a working VHS player, too. Which is good, because Friday, his computer's video card went belly-up, and we haven't been able to fix it yet. (sigh)


I'm hoping to sew again tonight, probably a slight alteration to the dress I made yesterday, since I enjoyed it so much. I'm thinking of adding length, since short skirts and long sleeves always seem unbalanced to me, although DracuLaura's looks fine. Ya'll know me, I'm not happy unless I'm altering things to suit my own twisted nature ! 

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, I'm enjoying your Dollies in a Tree series! I'm glad you're back and I'm so glad you're sewing again! I always enjoy seeing what you've been up to!

    Hugs & Happy Holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete