Friday, July 3, 2015

Jeepers Creepers !





Finally went to Dollar Tree today, after the Library trip. I’m amazed, ‘cause I was wiped out after the Library part, but I rallied, mostly ‘cause I really wanted some cheese popcorn. 


M & FIL got a new cell phone, with unlimited talk and text, so now I don’t have to worry about using up all their time with my incessant need to verify and inform people of where I am and what I’m doing. I rather like texting them, it gives the illusion of closeness while remaining remote. Yes, I am an awful person, but at least I’m aware of that fact. 


And, after the usual ‘since we’re on the way anyway…’ additions FIL requested, we were comfortably prowling the Library. Printed out some new pictures for Dearest, as I promised, and found several Art Of Lego – type books while looking for some new reads for me. He enthusiastically wanted all three I’d grabbed more or less at random. Decided to restart a manga series I was reading just before I got sick last year, and since I can’t remember where I was in the narrative, decided to start from the beginning. 


Helped MIL with the computers, but the conflict she was having between gmail, their new phone company and her old phone company wasn’t something I could fix, so I had to let her attempt to work it out alone. Besides, I had Dearest to keep up with ! He picked out several movies and looked for manga of his own, and started a new series to his liking. 


I confess, I’m a little jealous of all the teens-only classes our Library offers. Stop motion animation, computer animation, bookbinding. . . wish they’d offer some of that to the rest of us ! But I don’t know where I’d find the energy. After flittering from MIL to Dearest, to FIL and back again, numerous times, I was worn and a little footsore. 


Another couple of stops and we were home. MIL and FIL are hoping to do some sort of excursion with us every week, I’m gonna see what I can do, and when. It’s best to remain flexible. Nothing amazing at DTree, although Dearest now likes their frozen chicken nuggets, and I really enjoyed that cheese popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment