Saturday, March 1, 2014

How can I be unstuck to you, MH ?

Current Notes: If I think of it as craft supplies, I'm not so annoyed that I paid so much.




March ! March is gonna be a great month. We’ll get the DVD release of Frozen  on the 18th – and I’ve already put aside funds for it. We may actually get Slo Mo this month. Heaven knows I hardly even want to go down the MH aisle anymore. There’s just nothing there to interest me anymore.


That said, you can laugh at me – I bought today’s image today, just the same. I paid a ridiculous amount for it ($5.99 at Office Depot), but it’ll make some awesome shoes for my larger dolls soon !


I had a big circle of errands to run today while Beloved Hubby went in to work. Had to pick up a prescription for him at Mal-Wart, snag a sale case of paper at Office Depot, renew my license plate at the tag agency down the street, and I promised a Target run to Dearest Son. Whew ! We left a little after 10, and were home in time for lunch, tired and hungry. It didn’t help that it was cloudy, misty, foggy, and drizzly all day.


Still, it was a lot of fun. I’m glad to have my tag taken care of so quickly – not to mention cheaply ! – and Beloved’s meds were super-cheap. I got the frame for my favorite piece of Dearest’s artwork, which made him smile, and a new pillow for everybody. The case of paper was a sort of surprise present for Beloved, as he’s going back to school this summer, and is sure to need it – it took us three years to use the last case, but we’re nearly at the end of it, and why not buy when it’s less than $2.75 a ream ? He was pleased.


Target got us another huge bag of Meow Mix (their everyday price is everyone else’s sale price), some markdown instant potatoes and gingerbread-cheesecake cookies, a bag of Goldfish crackers, and some pretty springtime socks for doll clothes. Dearest found the DVD copy of Marmaduke he’s wanted, and a small plush Octavia pony over in the Easter Basket toy aisle. Shoot, I kinda wanted that Octavia… or the Rarity, for five bucks, they were indeed tempting.


Instead, though, it was leftovers for lunch, with cookies for dessert. I soo wanted a nap, but settled for various TV episodes on YouTube while I took apart the pirate costume I got from yesterday’s thrift trip. Funny, I could find the adult version of that outfit, right down to the belt buckle, but not the girls’ one, even though the tag clearly said it was for a child. I’d thought to donate it intact, but it really was cheaply made and slightly torn …and I still wanted the lace and vest fabric, so my seam ripper ate its fill while I vegged. I have an idea for the skirt and blouse material already…



And my guys are hungry again. Already ! Wonder how they’d like a huge bowl of instant cheddar mashed potatoes and some grilled hot dogs…?

No comments:

Post a Comment