Thursday, March 6, 2014

She followed me home after I handed some money to the thrift. Don't know why.

Current Notes: Plus, I wanted a new project. Like I didn't have enough already ! 




Heckuva week, huh ? Got all the way to the checkout line at Dollar Tree only to remember Beloved Hubby forgot to leave the debit card for me. Arrrgh. Luckily they took checks – I just had to give ‘em a blank one, they zipped it through the register and added everything, and it took even less time than running a card would have. Wow. Was only there for bread (delivered Monday and Thursday !) and a treat or two, so it wasn’t a big deal thing… but I couldn’t finish my planned shopping at Aldi’s. They only take cash, credit, or debit.


On the way home, I was witness to a car accident, so I waited in a safe spot for the cops. They took my info, not that it was necessary, the guy admitted to running the red light, but at least I feel I did the right thing.


Other than that, a bit of a boring day. I got to hit the thrift, though, once Beloved came home, and scored two pair of pants for him that he really likes. Funny, in women’s clothes, it’s mostly small sizes available, but on the guy’s side of the aisle, most of what I saw was on the larger side. I actually had a bit of a challenge finding his lower  medium size.


They’d also gotten a bunch of non-Barbie dolls in, but somebody needs to teach whoever prices them that just ‘cause it looks like an American Girl doll, it probably isn’t. One was even labelled ‘Our Generation’ on a piece of paper stapled (grrrh !) to her skirt, and they still wanted $39.99 for her. Um, Target sells ‘em new, with a bunch of accessories, including shoes, for about $30., ya know. Was tempted by the $3. ratty-haired Crissy, but decided instead to go for the LDP Rapunzel for $9. I know, she’s only $26. brand new with non-messy hair, but she came with shoes ! She’s missing her crown and mirror, but comes with DP&M Rapunzel’s sold-separately purse. Which, of course, is now Belle’s. I almost wonder if it’s de rigueur that dolls come to me without their tiaras.



Finished up the grocery shopping for this and most of next week, and headed home. I’ve been weary and a twinge dizzy all day. Hopefully a good night’s sleep will end that. If not, well, there’s always naps ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment