Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Quiet meditations on a kind of boring Tuesday.

Current Notes: Constant Craving, k.d. lang



Super-slow day. Seriously, hardly anything happened. Did a survey for Arbitron by mail not long ago and got my $5. bill today, which was nice. Used it at the Library - I took MIL and Dearest Son,  FIL begged off, to get a couple more volumes to a manga series I’m reading, and Dearest and I printed off his choice of some gorgeous MLP fan art on the Library’s excellent color printers. It’s a real deal for 30¢ color prints on legal size paper ! And finally, I got to pay my fines. It was only 90¢, but it had been bugging me. Still have $2.60 in quarters burning up my change purse. Much as I love the printers, they only give change in...well, change. 


Decided to cash out the Slo Mo fund I’d built up with Pinecone surveys, since there’s a good chance I’ll stumble on one sooner or later. Of course, soon as I got that $21. transferred to PayPal, Pinecone gave me two more surveys ! Wonder what I’ll save up for next… Now I’m just waiting for PayPal to transfer funds to Checking. I may find one this weekend, ya never know.


I’ve been a little sad about it, really. I mean, I kind of know that Slo Mo is pretty much ‘it’ for my MH obsession. Even this ‘hunt’ is kind of dragging. Used to be, with a car and some money, I was unstoppable – I’d be calling and driving around constantly. Today, I was more concerned with whether or not to bid on a cheep DP&M ballet costume, mostly for the shoes. I’ve been resisting the urge to purge, but it’ll probably happen next week – drag down all the ghouls and fiends, give ‘em a good dusting, and decide who goes and who stays. I may add another one or two, but right now, the passion is gone. It’s not a bad thing, nothing that burns that hard can stay aflame forever, but I think the spark will always be there, even if it does die down to a more comfortable ember instead of remaining an exhausting, consuming blaze.


And heck, I think having Belle and Tiana will end up saving us some money. I was going to get one of the licensed winter outfits, before Tiana fell into my lap. The dresses and coats are pretty, but I mostly wanted the skates, even though I could easily make my own out of vinyl, felt, or fleece, embroidery floss, and bent paper clips. Now that I have two dolls to dress, spending $60. or more for two outfits is just ridiculous. Especially when I spent less than $5. for both dolls (if ya don’t count Belle’s shipping). Nope, gonna make skates. Eventually.


Need to get off my butt and make more clothes first ! I still don’t quite ‘get’ wrap skirts…


No comments:

Post a Comment