Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Chaos just loves me...

Current Notes: What if my entire life has been abnormal...?




Oh, man. Just found out that Ron Howard’s birthday was Saturday. He was the subject of my first ever actor connection – Hey, Richie Cunningham is Opie Taylor grown up ! – and he’s one of the few that wasn’t a teenager when I was in elementary school, but is currently younger than I am now. Anyway, prepare to feel old… he’s 60. Whoo. I feel ancient.


Been a heck of a week so far – Beloved Hubby had a dental appointment, and it went well, but now he needs surgery for an extraction. That’ll be next Friday. Hope he can tough it out until then. He already says he feels a little less pain just knowing it’ll be attended to soon. He’s had more sleep this afternoon than he’s had all night any day this month, and most of last.


Dearest Son and I have begun school again this week, and so far, so good. I’m somehow a lot more patient,  he’s a lot more understanding. His reading is much better than I expected – I’m sure I can thank the internet for that ! – and the online lessons we’re using have added art and physical education modules, so we get to explore those together soon. Starting slow this week, building up his attention span and confidence… but he can focus for about an hour if we go at the pace he sets. Not bad for a teen with some challenges !


While it’s been a hectic week, I haven’t been completely neglecting my dolls. Went full-tilt clean on my Arena this afternoon. It’s come to my attention that if I leave it a mess, others decide to leave their own crap on top of it. That’s less likely to happen when it’s evident I’m using it. Seriously, several dolls had been buried under coats and clothes. So I’m gonna keep it ready to go to avoid tragedy. Plus, MIL delivered me her first pattern request, so I’ll be at Hobby Lobby this week sometime, probably Saturday. Funds are kinda tight, ya know.


I decided I wanted to use at least some of the white fake fur remnant I got at Hobby Lobby last week to make DP&M Belle a little cloak. Maybe one with a hood, like the red one worn in the film’s snow scene. Only problem is, the pattern I liked most was from DG Requiem, for the MH ghouls. Hrf. Well, let’s scale ! Printed one out at original size, scanned the pieces I wanted, and used PaintShopPro to tweak ‘em to the right size. I tried the classic ‘what you want divided by what you need’ formula, but the resulting printout fit LPD-size dolls, didn’t even come close to fitting Belle. So I measured around Belle’s shoulders, estimated for seam allowances, and enlarged the scan to match the measurements. It’s all printed out and assembled, and I hope to sew tonight. Wish me luck ! If I can make that, I don’t really need to buy that DP&M outfit – who knows, maybe I can even make the dress m’self !


And if I decide to get that DP&M Elsa doll anyway… it’d be nice to have a good fur cloak pattern, ready to go for her.



Still, though, when taxes come in, I’m gonna buy one of the skating outfits. Mostly because I want the skates ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment