Monday, March 17, 2014

Not too bad, I think...

Current Notes: So sleepy....




Quiet day. Still having some car issues that likely won’t be solved ‘til Wednesday or Thursday, so I’m a homebody ‘til then. We are hosting a movie watch party at the Library tomorrow, though, so that’ll be fun. Already have library books ready to be returned, bagged and waiting. I bought two three-box packs of Capri Suns – on sale, 60 drinks for $6. I’m also going to print out some coloring pages I’ve found. Made sure to have a good mix of girls, guys, and animals/comic relief. But how do you color a snowman once you’re done with his nose ? 


The skirt I made yesterday from the kids’ thrift find needed a blouse, and I needed to test the alterations I made to that Crissy pattern, so I hit two needs with one white rock. Took about an hour, from finding fabric to finish, and I like how it looks with the skirt. One thing I need to work on is the slightly tight bottom edge. Like MH dolls, DP&M girls have a bit of a swayback, so my lengthened blouse is a bit snug at the very bottom just above the hip, but it’s still wearable. I’d like a better fit there. Neckline is also a bit wider than I like, so I need to nip that in just a squidge. But it was easy to cut out, sewed together quickly, and the shortened sleeves, underarm seam, and side seam alterations worked well, so I’m fairly happy with it. I also sewed down the shoulder seam allowances, which made hemming the neckline and sleeves easier, and could be a great way to add accent and color to a fairly ho-hum blouse.



It’s always great to have a go-to simple shirt pattern. I can applique it, embroider it, paint it, use transfer iron-ons with it… or just knock something out when I’m bored or feeling somehow deprived. It also justifies fabric I bought five years ago ! 

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen these types of dolls to play -
    http://www.dollieme.com/dollies-dollie-outfits/dollies

    ReplyDelete