Monday, March 10, 2014

I think Tiana's my 'sporty' girl !

Current Notes: I just barely had enough ribbon for her headband. It's mostly elastic that you can't see ! 




Woke up with one goal – get DP&M Tiana cleaned and brushed and pretty again ! In some ways, she was more of a mess than Belle. The white streaks I feared were scratches and scrapes were… paint or something, they came up with an orange cleaner and some friction, but not water. I was most relieved when the one near her left dimple vanished !


Poor doll, her body was spotted with hair product, she had some surface grime in her joints, even her eyes were dirty. She had the same thick plastic tag-spikes sticking sharply from the back of her head that Belle did, too. I’m gonna hafta get some solvent for the badly applied silver-pink toenail polish hidden under her AG-clone shoes. She also has the ‘beautifully styled in the box, a tangled mess out of it’ style hair I’ve come to associate with most longer-haired dolls sold these days. Small braids were scattered randomly through her locks. Although, I do have to say that at least a doll with wrecked hair and some grime indicates a doll played with and loved. So I was kind of glad to see she’d at least not been opened, brushed once, and stuck on a shelf until somebody needed more room for more stuff.


My latest attempt at the cloak was even worse than the last one, so I scrapped it, and was glad I’d been smart enough to scan the shape before I changed it. I think I’ll start from scratch and make my own pattern. Just for gags, I took the one I photographed on Belle and tried it on Tiana as a skirt. Not bad. Hmmm… If I add a grommet there, maybe…



So there she is, looking pretty and modern, wearing my latest creation, a bow-tied wrap skirt ! It’s kind of clumsy, but it’s given me several ideas for the next try…

No comments:

Post a Comment