Thursday, March 13, 2014

Game Day !

Current Notes: You can learn a lot, listening to your child play board games with other kids...




Well, it looks like Beloved Hubby will be using the 4Runner for a while – we’re having some license plate issues, so better safe than sorry. He had today off, but is working this weekend, so I took advantage of the morning and went on the doll run I had planned for Saturday.


Nothin’. Hit four stores – Mal-Wart, Tarzhay, Coals, and JustUs! – in an hour, and about all I found was a signature Jinafire and most of the rest of the School Spirit line. Also finally saw the M-W Die-ner exclusive – for $40. ! Wow. Much as I liked Operetta’s outfit, that was a bit too much for me. I’m glad I got the Die-ner for $23. months ago. None of the expanded Coffin Bean line, either. Ah, well. The nice young lady at J! called the flagship store in Capitol City, they don’t have any, and thought the line was discontinued. She took down my name and number, in case she opens a case and finds him. Almost makes me wish I have a daughter along with Dearest Son, so I could buy some of her clothes there.


Came home empty-handed, something Beloved must’ve anticipated, because he’d pulled out a local Chinese take-out’s menu, and phoned in our order once I made up my mind. Everyone’s been so sweet to me today !


We went to Game Day, and welcomed a new parent and her adorable daughters. Had a really nice time. It was Beloved’s first Game Day, and he was a big help. Our new mom works as a 4H leader, and when she learned I made doll clothes, asked if I could teach her daughters to sew. She does a lot, but doesn’t know to sew herself. I’ve never taught sewing before, but I could learn to teach, I’m sure…


(shaking my  head) What a concept ! That I know enough to teach anyone else about anything ! At least I can share what I got, just hard to believe anyone else knows less than I do.



Getting ready for Beloved’s surgery tomorrow. I’ll be spending most of the afternoon in an oral surgeon’s office, holding my mouth closed. I’m scared to let them see the condition of my mouth ! Luckily, I got some good books from the Library – Ruth and Me, Queen of the Air : A True Story of Love and Tragedy at the Circus, and  The Secret Lives of Girls – to pass the time. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dorrie, you might check at Big Lots for the Coffin Bean dolls.

    ReplyDelete