Friday, April 6, 2012

When life gives you a buncha test skirts...

Current Mood : Mild frustration



OK, so today was just ridiculous. Sewed another paper-towel skirt, with the new alterations, and it’s still too big. Um…if I take the changes down any further, it’ll be back to where it was *before*  I altered it, and that didn’t close over the doll’s butt. Made another adjustment and another skirt…now I have no idea what’s going on.


Decided to try again, but this time, I was gonna use some fabric. Stuff I claimed from the rag pile, pieces of what used to be an oxford-style men’s shirt. Used the same pattern from today’s first effort – and it fit just fine. What the…? I guess the paper toweling stretches a lot when I sew on it. Hmpft. Just to make sure, I made a second skirt – and it came out fine.


Well, when life gives you a box of test skirts…you make a bizarre dress out of ‘em. Right now, the ‘blouse skirt’ is just pinned to Lagoona (the skirt-skirt has Velcro ™ already), but I should have closures sewn shortly. Yeah, it’s kinda weird, but I rather like it. It was fun to play with lace, and note that, in two places, it was gathered wrong at the factory, not at my machine, but it really covers a truly awful skirt-skirt hem.


Otherwise, today was a nice one. I got to visit two yard sales – nothin’ interesting, just a ton of infant/toddler girl clothes at both – and Mal-Wart. The MH section is wiped out once again. Ah, well. At least I got a calendar on the way to me !

2 comments:

  1. Your Lagoona is soooo pretty! And I like the blouse dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't she, though ? I think she's one of the prettiest MH dolls *ever* ! Even makes my lame-azz sewing look good !(grin) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete