Thursday, April 5, 2012

I actually sent dolls away today !

Current Mood : Weary



You’ll laugh at what I did today. I bought a 2012 calendar ! With all the eBay buying we did for Dearest Son and Beloved Hubby over the past couple months, not to mention my own ‘five buck’ auction wins, we had a nice chunk of eBay Bucks to spend.  I went round and round, trying to figure out how best to spend those Bucks – get the biggest bang, so to speak. I looked at shoes (MH, Hi Glamm, Stardoll, Moxie Teenz) and clothes, stickers and crafts, and just about everything, but nothing seemed really…unexpected and fun, ya know ?


Then, yes, I found a Monster High calendar for just some change above the Bucks, and thought, ‘Yeah ! I’d get to enjoy it all year, save the images for later, and it won’t cost much at all !’. So I hit Buy It Now, and a $12. calendar I could never find locally is on its way to me, almost free. Sure, I ‘lost’ three months waiting so long, but it’s not like I won’t enjoy the rest, and I have plans for all the images. It was a little over half-off, too. So, I’m happy.


I got an invitation to join the BlogHer Visionaries group, so I looked into it. And refused. It sounded good, I’d get surveys and be eligible to win stuff (I never do, but the hope is eternal…), and may even gain a wider audience for my rants and raves about Monster High dolls, but the whole ‘we own everything you write and will be your sole agent if there’s ever money exchanged’ bit of the Terms And Conditions just put me off. I’d rather make no money at all and keep things as-is than bust my butt for some company and only get what they decide to throw to me. Shoot, a good chunka my life is already promised to Disney, and that was for the privilege to work in one of their retail outlets almost 20 years ago. Can’t be givin’ away much more, or I won’t have any left for us ! (grin)


Oh, and I sold my ‘Becky’ doll ! Got the nod from Amazon, and she went to her new home in California today. Yaay ! I hope she and J. are happy for decades together. After postage and such, I got back about what we paid for her, which is about as good as it gets. I’d make eager, gleeful plans about how to spend the money, but instead, I’m just putting it back in the family general fund. I’ll spend it soon enough on dolls, one way or another, and maybe the next one, I won’t feel so guilty over.


I also redressed Gloom Beach Cleo and gave her to Dearest’s Friend H., since she doesn’t have one. She was so overjoyed, I felt honored to have done so. It’s great when giving away a doll is as thrilling as getting one !


With all that and some Dearest drama, I didn’t get to sew. But I have hope for tomorrow !

No comments:

Post a Comment