Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Poor Lagoona, stuck wearin' a paper towel...Well, that's life at Chez Insanity !

Current Mood : Satisfied.



More rain today, but I was pretty healthy for a change ! So was Dearest Son, but we both fell sound asleep watching Super Troopers after lunch anyway. Even Beloved Hubby wasn’t free from the effect of Spring rain – he zonked out about a half-hour after a long day of school in the morning and work in the afternoon. Slept for two hours, but it’s good, he plans to stay up to study. I wondered if it was considered staying up late if he did it nearly every night. He lobbed an eraser at me. Hmpft.


As for me, it was room-cleaning day, and I got all the trash out. And I redid my thread storage yet again, because…I got the brown thread box I wanted. I found one at a decent price, not chipped or ridiculously expensive for ‘vintage’, and snagged it. I took a solid hour of fun, organizing all the colors yet again. I had too many blues and greens to fit in the green box, so I made bobbins of the four half-empty small spools. They come in handy when bobbin thread doesn’t matter, or for projects like pattern fittings, and bobbining ‘em frees up fun spools to play with. Dearest likes them as pirate barrels, and they even float in the sink.


Speaking of pattern fittings, I decided to go ahead and sew that Bratz-origin halter dress again, with the new changes I drafted. And, since I’ve used all of two sheets of that good paper toweling…that’s the fabric I went with today. Unfortunately, I used the sheet that got wadded up during all the moving around, so the dress came out very wrinkled.


Since she’s so new, she was still on my Arena desk, Skull Shores Lagoona got tapped for her first go as fitting model. I love her shoes ! Went OK, the skirt is now too wide, and I wanna tailor the fit of that bodice a bit more, but on the whole, I’m pleased with the changes I made. I’ve already re-re-drafted it, so version 2.1 should be launched soon.


Hope you don’t mind that the back’s being held closed by safety pins. No way am I gonna hand-sew snaps on a paper garment I’m just gonna toss tomorrow. I am getting better at keeping my hands steady for no-flash photography. Monster High dolls have various paint and effects that drive flashes nutz, so I try to use available light instead. I love my new lamp !

4 comments:

  1. The dress looks really nice!!! I can't wait to see later incarnations of it! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather ! I hope to have it workin' by the weekend ! Hope yours is awesome !

      Delete
  2. That dress looks fantastic!!! I use paper towels for my pattern drafting too! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just follow in your wicked-cool footsteps, dearest Deborah ! I hope to include the pattern for the dress in our swap package, if you want it. I just thought of four more things to add, besides four dolls, eight stands, and some other fun goodies. BTW, is eight stands enough for now ?

      Delete