Saturday, April 14, 2012

Things look better after Aldi's.


Current Mood : Food hangover !

Current Image Notes : For you, for putting up with yesterday’s less-than-fine whine


Kind of a boring day. Made a grocery run to Aldi’s, and they had the fantastic, dream-worthy dark German Whole Rye Bread in, and I pounced on a loaf. I say ‘loaf’, what I should say is ‘seven pieces in a plastic pouch’, but it’s so incredibly good, I forgive it anything. Even being about 20c a slice. They also had some leftover Easter candy, but all I got were generic jellybeans. Luckily there were no toys – I’m on my own self-imposed ‘doll diet’ for a while !


Mostly because I spent a good hour cataloging my collection over at Monster High Collectors. While it was so much fun looking up when I got my various dolls and remembering the circumstances surrounding them, it was humbling how many dolls and other things I had listed as ‘mine’. If this is not The Year Of Slowing Down, at least it’ll be The Year The Mad Hunting Stopped.


And we hit Dollar Tree too. I got a new trash can ! I know, it seems so ridiculous, but my old one got trashed in the move, and I’ve been using a recycled Easter bucket by the Arena ever since. And it’s just too small. I sew one doll dress, and it’s usually full, with threads, tiny fabric bits, and perhaps a cheese popcorn bag or fast-food cup. After that, trash kinda collected around my ankles until I got tired of it and took it out. Now, I got a nice green plastic one, and it’s a vast improvement. And it fits yer average Mal-Wart plastic sack perfectly !


Once home, we had a nice dinner, then got to work on Dearest Son’s chair. His grandparents gave him a red recliner from the living room that was…well-used. It’s in good shape, but between near-constant occupancy and lots of cats, it had acquired a distinct atmosphere. One that Febreeze didn’t even touch. So FIL put it out on the back porch – Dearest covered it just as yesterday’s storms started – for it to air out, and today, we took scrub-brushes to it. Then a wet-dry vacuum. Beloved Hubby brought it inside to dry for a day, and on Monday, it goes into the Garpartment. Provided Dearest has a space cleared out for it. I’m gonna help with that tomorrow, after breakfast.



Say what you will, but my world just rides a little easier on its axis when the pantry’s near full, and so is the refrigerator ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment