Thursday, April 12, 2012

Family reunions, even in Scaris, tend to be about the same as anywhere else...


Current Mood : Tired and happy.

Current Image Notes : On Flickr, I said this was on the back of the photo, ‘Papa caught me 'discussing' my secondary education options with Oncle Charles during our last family reunion. (le sigh) You'd think some creatures could be a bit flexible, but not in my family !’  13 August 2011



Sorry – I was having so much fun with Rochelle, I didn’t debox or even play with Jackson all day. Dearest Son saw her and said she was very pretty, he liked her wings. Told me that she was a lot better than the Barbie I sold ! Beloved Hubby made the ‘oooooh!’ cat face from Puss In Boots after reading her diary.


Of course, today’s image is just Rochelle posed against Vision’s screen, with a Notre Dame gargoyle image behind her, but I was lucky that the light worked mostly for me on this one. Some tight cropping helped the believability a bit. I really like how it turned out – although the images I like most are the ones no one else seems to like at all !


Beloved Hubby had an art project in mind, so we headed off to Hobby Lobby for some supplies. They’re having a 99c Simplicity pattern sale through Saturday, so I got the one I needed for Dearest’s Halloween costume, they didn’t have anything else I wanted. Found some really pretty scrapbook papers that’ll serve as great backdrops for Rochelle and Operetta photos, but I kinda felt over-indulged – I’ve already gained three dolls this month, and seven this year ! And that’s not even including all the clothes and shoes and calendar-type goodies. I think I can wait a bit, have something to look forward to next visit.  


I had a good walk around the whole store, too. I have quite a bit more energy these days, but once we got back, I crashed. I swear sometimes I sleep better during an hour-long nap than I do at night !


My Spectra outfit came in today, and it’s actually a nice two-piece set, but it’s always been one of the under-appreciated original issue outfits. I liked the blouse – those silver chain details sucker me in every time, and the shoulder straps are actually three separate strands of ribbon ! – but thought the skirt looked cheap, and those shoes were so character-specific, I doubted I’d ever put ‘em on another doll. Well, it all looks great on SS Lagoona, even the shoes, I think, so you’ll be seeing that photo soon, too. I have an idea for the belt, as well…


Not a lot else going on, we got taxes and cleaning to do, and tomorrow’s Friday the Thirteenth ! The Escape From Skull Shores special is on Nickelodeon tomorrow evening, and I’m sure the official MH sites will show some goodies. I got to see Ghoulia’s scooter in package, and it’s only made me want a Slo-Moe doll all the more. (sigh) Kinda want the scooter now, too, just wish it didn’t have that ‘drip’ motif.


Picky, picky, picky ! (grin)

3 comments:

  1. I love that shot! The lighting worked out for it really well, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hon. I posted it to the FaceBook MH site, just for kicks. Any luck finding yours yet ?

      Delete
    2. *sigh* Not a bit. I've been checking WM.com's app every day, and I'm not finding anything yet. I'm hoping that the swell of S1600 that I'm seeing means that the local(ish) stores are trying to make a habit of buying more stock.

      Delete