Friday, April 20, 2012

My first MH guy and my most recent. Kodachrome.


Current Mood : Happily playin' 


I tell ya, I get a lot of ‘craft’ e-mails every day. Most I’m subscribed to, but even those are frequently lacking in anything usable. I've been methodically checking the few that remain, waiting for a week in a row that I didn't get anything useful - that's a lotta e-mails to delete, and I really am that lazy. The one from now-defunct Craft magazine was one I was considering dumping – so of course I found something really good in it yesterday.


This is the Straight Stitch Society Manifesto. I’ve decided to adopt it and follow it as best I can. And I wanna share it with you, in case you can use it, too. Here goes –


1.                Life is hard. Sewing is easy.

2.              When the going gets tough, the tough get sewing.

3.              Sewing is cheaper than therapy and easier on your waistline than chocolate.

4.              Don’t make it if it’s not supercute.

5.              Don’t let anyone talk trash about your sewing skills. Especially your mother.

6.              Sometimes a glass of wine really does improve your sewing. Or at least your attitude. Same difference.

7.               A strategically used curse word can make you feel better when you need to get out the seam ripper. But only the first time. After that you’re a potty mouth.

8.             No matter what happens, remember that it’s only fabric.

9.              If someone asks “Did you make that?” say “Yes” proudly and leave it at that, no matter how much you fudged along the way.

10.     Sewing Straight Stitch Society projects will make you thinner, younger, and richer. You’ll see.


While I don’t know about #10 just yet, and I'm replacing 'wine' on #6 with 'Dr. Pepper', I’m gonna go with ‘em all, even though #9 will be especially difficult to me. Seems I have ‘modesty’ and ‘truthfullness’ mixed up with ‘acceptance’ and ‘self worth’, but I think I can work on it. Especially when I sew up all those supercute things I know are in me !  Just today I gave Beloved those super-nice but too stretchy paper towels, ‘cause from now on, it’s me and fabric, baby ! Goss knows I got plenny of the stuff to experiment with…


You’re welcome to go hit their site, but there’s not much there besides a few patterns for sale, some definitions, and that. But I like the Manifesto. Gonna print it out later, post it under the Regretsy.com diagram of a sewing machine that’s so naughty !


Flickr friend Andrew_S. wondered how far apart the skin tones were between Deuce and new Jackson. Hrmf. I kinda figured the guys were like Barbie – mostly the same tone unless they’re unique creatures. Turned out, I was very wrong. Deuce is nearly sunburned compared to Jackson’s pallor. With the new Jackson’s bending wrists, the question many fans had was whether or not Jackson’s lower arm would 1) fit Deuce, since there’ve been many changes in the dolls since 2010 and 2) would be a close enough match for Jackson to give a wrist upgrade to their Deuce dolls. To me, no, the skin tones darn near glared at each other, but maybe with long sleeves, it wouldn’t be such an issue. But they did fit. So I posted a buncha photos.


It was a busy day ! Glad I got my work and Wii Fit over with early !

No comments:

Post a Comment