Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hope Easter Bunnies visited you !

Current Mood : Hmpft. 



In retrospect, it may have been a bad idea to give Dearest Son’s Friend H so many gifts so early.


This afternoon, while fussing with yet another sewing project – I really was trying to shape it, but it came out as more of a struggle again – I kept hearing odd sounds over my MP3 player. Beloved Hubby was enveloped in a paper due tomorrow, Dearest was in his room…was one of the cats yowling and chasing crane flies in our bedroom or something ?


I was really surprised to see several little girls in there, grabbing dolls off the shelves and saying which ones they wanted me to give them, what they already had, on and on. Um…why are they here ? Dearest wasn’t with them, and I didn’t even know two of ‘em.


Turned out, since we had the front door open for the delightful Easter breeze, they’d invited themselves in and beelined it straight for our bedroom and the dolls inside. I hustled everyone out, making sure no one had ‘borrowed’ a doll on the way to the door, but still hearing ‘Can I have ?’ over and over – from kids I’d never seen before ! Friend H had the grace to look a little embarrassed, but she was the one who told them where she’d gotten everything from, and clearly she had led them in.


So I’m pretty ticked. Dearest had no idea his friend was here, so it wasn’t his fault. I know they’re kids, but it kinda bugs me that they just walked right in, then let themselves in a closed room door and started grabbing things that weren’t theirs. I know I’ve taught Dearest that you don’t do what you don’t want done to you – has anyone been teaching this gaggle of girls ? Well, Friend H will no longer be allowed in our rooms, and Dearest will have to play with her outside. I don’t feel I can trust her anymore. Hope she enjoys what she got, ‘cause she sure as all heck ain’t getting anything else from me.


I kinda had attitude all day as a consequence. I ended up working some leftover hand-sewing, since I was already ticked off, and I did some of the best, straightest stitches ever. Go figure. Maybe sewing angrily works better for me when I’m hand sewing.


Joined a FaceBook group urging Mattel to consider improved distribution of Monster High male dolls – Please Improve Availability of Male Monster High Dolls, Mattel . It’s nice to know so many others love the guys, too. It’s widely believed that Gil Webber is already out of distribution, which is bad to hear even as a rumor. He’s an awesome doll ! Yeah, I know these little campaigns hardly ever amount to anything, but even doing a little is vastly better than doing nothing. Besides, I still hate FaceBook, so don’t expect me over there much.


Hope your Easter was a little less invasive ! 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that is just daring! I'm assuming these are smaller kids? (I don't actually know what age your Dearest is)... but man-o-man... that is daring!!!!

    *sigh* It doesn't sound like they particularly learned any better either. You must just be too nice for your own good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Friend H is 11, and her sister is six. The other two girls were 12 and 8. Still, I knew not to invite m'self in to someone's house long before I hit puberty, and even once invited, to not open closed doors and start playin' with whatever I liked inside. I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I really don't like having total strangers' kids inside the house without even knowing it. It leaves all of us wide open for too much. I hate to put restrictions on Dearest's friendship, but I think it's gonna be an outdoor play situation from now on. I gotta protect everyone, starting with us.

      Delete
  2. Ooh! Even when I went to other people's houses, I never asked for any of their toys! Allthought this one time, my cousin stole my articulated barbie horse, which I eventually stole back...^-^. Children these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (grin) Still, an articulated Barbie horse...I almost can't blame your cousin, those were so cool ! Glad you got it back, though.

    Friend H was really mature prior to this - she'd asked politely to see the dolls and even asked before picking one up. I think the gaggle kinda overwhelmed her, too. But I still think playing outside is better - it'll encourage me to go out and get some sun as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nervy bunch! I hope you spoke to their parents (well the girl whose parents you know of, at least) about how you don't appreciate their wandering into your house and trying to help themselves. Better do a double-check of shoes and accessories, just to be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind of the issue with Friend H - I've never seen her parents. The other night, she was over here 'til almost 9pm. On a school night. When I sent her home earlier, she kept coming back, saying her mother wasn't home yet. The next day, she said her father thought she was with her mom, her mom thought she was home with Dad. I've seen their car drive by, and Friend H isn't over near as late or often, but you're right, I really should go meet her folks.

      Most of the pets and purses are in a box under the bed that Friend doesn't know about, and the recent props are in the Study, thank Everything. And everyone still has shoes ! So I'm over-reacting to the 'walk right in' thing more than 'potential theft or future problems' issues...although I gotta consider 'em all. Darn it.

      Thanks, everyone. I was starting to wonder if I was wrong in being a bit upset about it all - glad to know you feel the same.

      Delete