Wednesday, April 25, 2012

It took *forever* to edit out that box fold on this one.


Current Mood : Yawny, for some reason. 



Had to scramble around a bit today – my air supplier came by and had to check the equipment, and we’d already semi-trashed the bedroom since I cleaned it Monday. Having the Wii in our room has its disadvantages, especially when a twelve-year-old is involved. And I never did get to sweeping. At least I finally got the washed new fabric – and washed recycled fabric – by the Arena, instead of piling it up yet again at the foot of the bed.


A little down today. Despite all the sweaty Wii Fit sessions, choosing water more often than soda, taking all my meds no matter how late, and going for an apple instead of a cupcake when both are available, I’ve gained nearly two pounds this week. Makes me wonder what I’m doing all this for. I feel better, and that’s good, but the weight gain has seriously quashed my enjoyment of it all. I did 36 minutes today, and it was easier and better than any session so far, but it feels like I might as well be playing  ‘Watch TV : The Game !’ instead of forcing m’self through exercises that 90% of the time, I don’t really wanna do.


Ah, I’m just whining. Never mind me, I’m sure I’ll be a bit more bouncy tomorrow. Well, maybe Friday. Dearest Son has a medical appointment of his own Thursday, and I have no idea what to expect. And if you think my insomnia is bad before one of my appointments, you can imagine what it’s like the night prior to one of his. At least I’ll have time to fill out all that paperwork they sent us. That I just now remembered.  


One of the good things about having limits on yer space is that, for you to still have it, ya gotta love and want it more than a lot of other stuff. Finding that damp box of books right on the heels of getting bookcase storage for all my volumes made me go through them yet again. I’ve donated three so far, and started re-reading some that I wasn’t sure why I still had ‘em.


Stephen King’s Nightmares and  Dreamscapes  is under the pillow this week. Yes, I am an unrepentant bedtime reader. While I loved Night Shift, thought Needful Things was darn near a treatise on the importance of face-to-face communication, was half-convinced that my Christine loved me back, too, and you’ll get my copies of The Stand and Different Seasons only when my chilling body releases its grip on them, I had no idea why I had Nightmares. Not a single story in the lot had wound its way into my psyche. I was reminded of some that had when someone on LiveJournal mentioned characters in ‘The Long Years’ and I instantly recalled it in my head and heart from The Martian Chronicles, by Ray Bradbury. I can still smell that cheap pulp paper my third-hand pocket paperback was printed on. My very first science-fiction book, and a gateway to so many more. Chuck Jones once declared that  Mark Twain was his hero. Ray Bradbury and Stephen King are two of mine. When it comes to brain space and hard drives, I don’t limit m’self. I got lotsa memories and lotsa heroes.


Anyway, I’m really enjoying the read. Maybe none of the stories really stand out. But if I enjoy them every year or three, all over again, they don’t have to. Harry Potter’s just gonna hafta wait ! I’m with King.


2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Don't get discouraged! Don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat! So it's not uncommon to gain weight. Be aware of how you feel and how your clothes are fitting more than the number on the scale!!! You are doing awesome! Keep it up! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you're right - as usual. It's silly to let the scale determine how I feel, mentally or physically. If it weren't Dr.s orders, I'd toss its digital butt out the window.

    Thanks. You're awesome at encouraging !

    ReplyDelete