Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Box art - still a great bonus to the Monster High line.


Current Mood : Hausfrau-dy.



I know, it seems so silly to document things like laundry and dishes, but that’s a good chunk of my days. Today was no different. Except that the microwave is once-and-for-all, borked. That’s the third one that’s gone belly-up since October, and while all were used, none were decades old. In fact, the one that just kicked the appliance bucket was not even two years old – we’d bought it brand-new maybe a year before we moved to the CapitalCity place.


But actually, it’s for the best. Since it’s been only partially working for some time, we quit buying made-to-wave food months ago. While we all love ‘em, TV dinners are really heavy on fat and salt, both of which I’m supposed to avoid whenever possible. And as disposables, they’re a bit pricey. Plus food that’s quick to prepare is also fast to eat, and it’s often hard to remember that you even ate it. So ya eat more. Not good either.


We have a super-nice toaster oven, big enough for a rotisserie chicken, when we don’t wanna use the full-size oven or stove, and that’s working well so far. While funds are few and far right now, and used microwaves are pretty cheap – even new ones aren’t that much – I don’t think we’ll replace it when we have the fundage. Both Beloved Hubby and I both see it as a potential for a lifestyle change, and I wanna take it. I’m ready to. Six months ago, I wasn’t. I’d have considered returning a doll (if I hadn’t cut the box to ribbons) if I had to for one.


And if I really want that TV dinner splurge, well, I can still have it. It’ll just be an hour before I can eat it, and you know what they say – ‘Hunger makes the beans taste better !’ I’m exceedingly fortunate that it’s a choice instead of a necessity.


While I’m well-acquainted with the stovetop method, I’m hoping to find an air-pop popcorn machine one day soon. In the meanwhile, I’ve wondered if you can open a bag of microwave popcorn, scoop out the contents, and pop it on a stove. Since I have half a box of the stuff, I’ll have to try it soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment