Sunday, April 29, 2012

What a day !


Current Mood : Wary of lightning...

Current Image Notes : Well, it does say in one of the novels that Cleo is wearing a ‘bandage dress’ by Herve Leger… This Cleo gets to wear a *real* former-bandage dress by me !



Oh, how amazing and wonderful it is, to wake up to no pain at all ! I still have a bit of a twinge in the deep down of my right ear, but it’s nothing I can fix or reach, so I’m simply gonna leave it alone, but keep an occasional mental eye on it. Just in case.


You’re gonna laugh at me, but I realized something yesterday. For who knows how long, I’ve had Cupid’s shoes on wrong ! You can even see it in the last photo I took – the decorative hearts are on the inside. I had ‘em on the wrong feet, then couldn’t figure out why she wouldn’t stand up. That’s one of the fantastic bits about Monster High dolls, when they’re wearing their issue or other made-for-them Mattel shoes, they’ll stand unassisted. Guys and girls. Kinda like Barbie. They still need their stands, true, but if they’re shoes are on correctly, they can complete some photo-shoots without stands. Heck, I think it’s great engineering that their shoes are specifically right-  and left-footed. But for the shoes to actually be off-balance if they’re on the wrong feet…it sounds odd, but that’s really amazing !


I also discovered that another limitation is actually improving my skills a bit. Vision, my new laptop, doesn’t have a card reader – or, more accurately, one that will read my camera’s SD cards. So when I want to edit photos, I have to plug the camera into a USB port and turn it on to download images. This eats through the rechargeable batteries we use, so I’ve been looking into getting a cheap card reader. Having to reset the time/date every two weeks is really annoying. In the meanwhile, I’ve improved my no-flash still hold, and can tell much better than before if the last photo’s worth keeping, or I need to retake it. I know some of the angles that’ll give me a better image, and I’ve learned how to position paper to limit light-bounce just off the central character. I can now go about three to four weeks before I have to change batteries. Even if my composition skills haven’t improved, some of my other photography skills have !


Still, today’s photo was a study in comedic error. It was Dawn of the Dance Cleo’s turn to get the royal treatment, and she did – a cool rinse-off, hair-comb, redressing, the works. I like to think the dress I made for her, out of a former bandage I wore as therapy, looked pretty good on her. Too bad I knocked over a full glass of soda, Cleo refused to stand up (of course, I’d just written a paragraph on how much I liked that !), the camera batteries died, the push-pin I use to keep the recharger mounted on the wall and out of the laundry hamper has vanished, and then the battery to my mouse died, too.


Now, when the mouse battery died, I had it and the camera hooked up to Vision. It was about then that Domino-kitty decided he wasn’t getting enough attention from me, so he leapt on my chair – and missed, claws-out. What he got, instead of chair, was my back. I jumped up from surprise and claw-drag pain and pulled the camera USB cord out of the laptop so hard, the computer locked up. Now I’m scared the computer is broken, so I restart it – ten seconds before I realize I forgot to install the new battery in the mouse. (sigh) And of the 15+ photos I took, only four were even in focus. Arrrgh. There’s the best of the lot. I’m done.


I’m gonna lie down before I get struck down !

3 comments:

  1. Oh dang girl! What a day! I have had days like that too! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cleo's new dress! She looks so stylish and fangtastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cleo's new dress, it looks like bandages, elegant, elegant bandages, so perfect for a mummy! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ya'll ! great thing is, I got plenty of that bandage stuff to make lots more ! I'll have to put one on the Cleo I'm sending you, Deborah - it's no great shakes, but it does photograph well.

    Ya'll made my night. Thanks ! (big hugs)

    ReplyDelete