Monday, April 9, 2012

I feel so alive...and ready to go to bed !

Current Mood : Feelin' cheap.



Started things off right by not going back to sleep after Beloved Hubby left for school. I eased into the day with some light cleaning, then cleaned up the Wii, arranged some quick wiring, installed new batteries in the controller and Balance Board, and I was ready. While I’d ordinarily be proud I’ve lost 30 pounds since the last session, Wii Fit still gave me the same chastisement for my BMI, and the same ‘thick’ Mii avatar. Hmpft.


Did a half-hour of Yoga and Aerobics, which takes about 45 minutes, including all the encouragement and trying to locate the cursor on-screen. I’d chosen Hula Hoops and a short run to for the Aerobics part, and I had sweaty-wet hair by the time that was done. I did fairly well for someone who hasn’t touched the thing in nearly a year. One thing’s for sure, I’m gonna have to keep that floor swept up. I tracked so much dirt onto the Balance Board today…


But there’s my new goal. If I can stay with it for a month, I’m ordering Wii Fit Plus, software only. It’s just new stuff for the same equipment, but after a steady month of the same yoga-and-a-run, I’ll be ready for something different. It’s pretty cheap, too, but I don’t wanna spend until I’m sure I’ll use it. Heck, I just today got a bronze piggy-bank award for putting in ten hours –  I should have put such few hours in the first month I had Wii Fit to begin with.


And my Monster High 2012 calendar arrived today ! Wow, it’s bigger than I thought. I never managed to find one locally. I don’t mind waiting ‘til April to get one at half price ! (grin) As many neutral rated feedbacks as I saw for Calendars.com, I figured it’d be at least a week or more before it got here, but that was super-quick. They even threw in a little bonus, a small Anne Geddes calendar, which I offered to MIL. She loved it ! So they made a lotta happy today !


They also made me laugh out loud. Remember how the Mayan calendar supposedly predicted the end of the world this year ? A little leaflet included said that they were so sure that the world isn’t coming to an end, that they’re offering a Money Back Guarantee if it does ! Calendars.com, you’re so random ! Read the guarantee here. It’s funny.


The thoughtful and wonderful person who bought my never-touched-except-to-move-it Becky (friend of Francie) doll got it Saturday, and I hope it’s everything she wanted. Haven’t heard anything – and I’ve already spent her payment six ways ! – so I’m giving it a couple more days before I go wild. Ha. I already bought a  Spectra outfit from a seller on the LiveJournal group, and won a shoe auction…it’s mostly already spent ! What little remains will help me not feel so guilty when we find Rochelle and I snap her right up, and start looking for Jackson.  


It’s funny, but I don’t feel so guilty for buying Becky now, and really, we just got back what we paid for her. Amazon, of course, takes their cut off the top. (sigh) Back in my Barbie and we-got-money days, I appreciated her polyester style and 70s vibe…and the idea of snagging her for $30. Instead of $120. was darn near intoxicating. But as days went by and I didn’t debox her, I kinda knew. Plus, I just bought Princess and the Frog’s Charlotte, and they had the same hairstyle, so… I really should have just returned her, but things went quickly downhill and while dolls were never really ever off my mind, taking one back got pushed to the very back of my head. She was so perfect, I hated to let her go, but I knew I’d never really play with her. So I’m glad she’s moved on, and now I can.


And add this to the ‘never gonna do that again’ file…no one’s at fault, and I just feel bad for wasting his/her time…but still. OK, so. Yesterday, I bought something from a fellow LiveJournal member, it was a great price for neat stuff that the seller set. Everyone was happy. Today, another seller wanted to put some stuff out there, but refused to set prices. ‘Make an offer, I just want it outta here’ – the usual. So I kinda based my offer on what I paid for similar items yesterday – ya’ll know me, I don’t have a lot to spend anyway – plus shipping. Nope. Not enough. I missed what he/she wanted for it by a mile.


Oh, heck. Yesterday, I bought a Spectra outfit, with shoes and jewelry, but missing the pet and purse, for less than $7., including shipping. Today, I offered $5. plus $2 or $3. for shipping for the ‘After School’ Frankie outfit. Kinda low, but…anyway. Seller wanted half of the $24. paid for the doll. But that did include shipping.


Yikes. I feel so cheap for offering so little, but…if the seller knew how much he/she wanted for it, why didn’t he/she just list it as such ? I could have avoided wasting their time and embarrassing m’self if they had. So. No more ‘offers’, I’ll invariably be too cheap. If someone wants to sell somethin’, they’re gonna hafta tell me how much they want for it. Or they can wonder why someone else doesn’t take the plunge and take the risk of looking like a cheap opportunist. Or why their stuff didn’t sell. 

2 comments:

  1. Sheesh. I saw that selling page. Y'know, if you're asking to get almost full price for something used, it better be coming to me UPS or FedEx or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so bad for whining about it, but...Yeah ! Heck, yeah. Not my problem he/she paid $24. for that doll - I paid less than $20. for mine in that line. Anyway. Lesson learned. If they can't give me a bottom-line price, I can't give them my cash.

    How was your day ? (grin)

    ReplyDelete