Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I have Rochelle and Jackson...in my trunk ! (maniacal laugh)


Current Mood : Thrilled

Current Image Notes : Mine ! Didn't notice til just now that her wing had detached...
Click to embiggen !



Beloved Hubby and Dearest Son spent most of yesterday playing a rented copy of Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 3 while I sewed. Hard-core gamers can say what they will about the ‘limited graphics’ of the Wii, but that bad guy swung from that rope quite clearly to me, thank you. (shudder) How much more detailed do the ‘bullet enters body’ images need to be ?  I’m clearly not hard-core enough to appreciate a PS3, since I still like playing hula-hoops on Wii Fit.


Anyway, as a consequence, we were all tired and sleepy, and Beloved ended up dragging himself to classes today. I didn’t get a lot done either, but I got word that my sole remaining item on Amazon, a book he wanted to toss last month, sold ! Not a lotta ca-ching, but hey, five bucks profit is five bucks. Hadda mail it off today, and FIL said his aquarium was ready for fish, so I volunteered to run him and Dearest to PetCoSmart while I ran errands.


I’m not gonna bother with Office Depot for mailing anything anymore. The only Priority envelope they had that fit the book cost more to ship than I was getting total for the book and shipping combined ! Ended up trashing it all and going to the PO down the street, where I bought a $2. mailer envelope (the local PO never has even 1/10th of the Priority boxes the website shows) and mailing it Media. Either way, Priority or purchased mailer, it was gonna cost me five bucks, and I knew it, so in the end, I’m just glad it’s done. The wonderful and clever buyer should have it Monday, and again, I hope he enjoys it for years to come.


What have we learned ? Next time we get the bright idea to sell something anywhere but Craigslist, get a mailing box/envelope/whatever first !


I felt bad that my simple errand took forever, but I couldn’t stop m’self from stretching it a bit further – I checked Justice for new dolls, and they had several more Skull Shores, but no Gils. Evidently, DracuLaura takes his spot in the boxes, so he’s almost impossible to find. I am so ridiculously lucky…


And also a mega-huge hypocrite. I had a massive compulsion to hit Mal-Wart. It was undeniable. It almost hurt. Sure, I’d just called them Friday, and they  had jack, but… it was like I was entranced or something. While Dearest was engaged in Pet World with FIL, I was goin’ to Mal-Wart, darn it. I did call to tell them I was running late, they were happily watching hamsters. My conscience (or the ledger I use in place of one) assuaged, I continued on. I knew there’d be nothing there, and it’d serve my greedy, rapacious, selfish self right. And Heavens help me if they actually had…


O.M.G. I’ve not seen this many dolls outside my own shelves since 2011. How..? When…? More importantly, Which ? I don’t remember how I got to the MH section, I just went from ‘Lookit all those boxes !’ to ‘Yes ! It’s Rochelle !’ in an eyeblink. I soon had six – yes, six ! – of them lined up, looking carefully for ill-placed dots and for the One that would ‘speak’ to me. Yeah, laugh, but it happens almost every time. Only problem was, this time, two of ‘em did. I hope like heck no one was watching me, or I’ll be on YouTube tonight under ‘Watch the weird doll lady’, but I closed my eyes, shuffled both around in my hands until I didn’t know which was which, then put one back and kept the other, and opened my eyes. My Rochelle…


And this is how you know I am not only a hypocrite, but I am also greedy one. I then went through the Jacksons, with Rochelle still firmly in my grasp. There were only about five of him, but they also got lined up, and one very handsome one did everything but wink at me. I almost swooned, then snatched up my new dolls to my chest and scurried off to the nearest register. I could barely wait to pay for them. As I scuttled off, it dawned on me that there was another shelf of dolls I hadn’t touched, but it was unfair to keep FIL and Dearest waiting any longer. I already had what I wanted.


Wow. I shoulda taken a photo of those nearly-sagging, loaded shelves. So that, in six months, I can remember what they look like, when they’re empty for weeks again. 


A little girl gave me a sour look as I paid for Rochelle and Jackson. I don’t know if she was mad that I was getting dolls and she wasn’t, or that she’d been told not to want them, but she was really interested in what I was so happy about. The cashier recognized me from the Gil hunt, and SS Lagoona last week, and was happy to know I’d made it there before everyone else cleaned ‘em out again. Beloved was gonna kill me, $40. plus tax wasn’t exactly in our budget right now, but maybe I could free him from any Mother’s Day responsibilities in exchange. And stay my big, guilty butt off eBay for the next month or so !


Y’know, I’d been keeping an eye on both dolls on various sites. I’d nearly resigned m’self to paying about $30. for either, with shipping. At least I wouldn’t have to shag all over the state hunting, it wasn’t much over MSRP, and it’d save at least that much in gas. I was truly not expecting today’s bounty, especially after being told that someone bought ‘a whole box’ of Skull Shores Frankie dolls from the same store. I’m still kind of dazed.


For now, though, Rochelle and Jackson are in the trunk, waiting. I’ll bring them out later, after Beloved’s in bed. He’s working towards a reward of his own, and it’s kinda mean to dance around with new dolls when he has to work for his Wants. We’ll probably put them down as how I spent the money from the stuff I sold on Amazon. Later.


But I’m dancing around with them in my mind !

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Lucky you made the trip! My store just restocked with what appears to be two cases of Sweet 1600 (the no-Clawd version of the case), and no more Cupids.

    I went to the next town over looking for Rochelle last night, but it was the same story there.

    Ha ha, it's so awkward when the checkers start recognizing you and what you buy! XDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lemme know if I need to scurry back and snag one for ya !

      Delete
    2. If money's tight, I really hate to ask. Hopefully she'll show up here soon. ^^

      Delete
    3. I'll check this weekend - I'm sure we can arrange something. Let me know if you find her ! I'm pullin' for ya !

      Delete