Sunday, April 15, 2012

We now have...The Wall of Bookcases ! Is it wrong I'm jealous of our son...?


Current Mood : Wiped clean out !


It was a good day for a Garpartment cleaning. Not so good for Dearest Son, who’s skating too close to the edge of getting his old bedroom back for not taking care of his new one. But we got some heavy lifting done, and this week, we’re gonna do a unit on Home Ec., starting with Organization. His homework for tomorrow is to draw up what he wants where on The Wall of Bookcases, which we created today. All his toys, books, videos, and just plain stuff has to fit in The Wall somewhere – and since there’s four bookcases, including one that’s double-wide with drawers, he has plenty of space. He just has to decide how best to use it all, and how to arrange it so he can get to it and put it all away.


When all that’s done, the space behind the bookcases is storage, and it’s already half-filled with dozens of boxes and things BIL and Uncle left behind. Neither of them really moved out, they just took the stuff they wanted and left. I can’t begin to describe all that got left behind. Mostly because I have no idea what most of it even is. Lots of aquarium stuff, plenty of water filters, some musical miscellany, including speakers I can perch on ‘cause they’re butt-high and weigh nearly what I do…the rest of it’s a head-scratcher.


I’m just hoping there’s space for my doll prop box and memory stuff, and that I can get to it when it’s all over. My stuff’s been indoors since the move, under a ton of other boxes. Since I’m probably gonna be the one moving it all, I can at least put it where I decide, so there’s hope ! And when our stuff’s moved to its new place, FIL has a ton of stuff in the kitchen that’s ready to fill that vacant spot. Whew.


Spring Cleaning is always serious business, wherever Chez Insanity is.


Beloved Hubby even tumbled to the sneaky secret fabric stash I had in Starlight’s trunk. It got moved out yesterday, when we couldn’t fit the groceries in there, and I’ve been tasked with using it up or donating it, my choice. It’s pretty much all the material I culled when we moved here that I planned to put in the yard sale. It didn’t sell, and I still have to do my VA volunteering with some of it, so it got a reprieve. Now I gotta do something with it, if nothing else, because it’s in a pair of plastic totes we can use. I’m wondering if I can cram it in the closet…

No comments:

Post a Comment